HR20 Caller ID Resurrected by Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Happy Camper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Central Texas
My HR20 downloaded some sort of software update and notified me of same when I went to watch TV. I'm not sure what all the update did, but one interesting side effect was that the download apparently and spontaneously resurrected my long dead caller ID feature, which I did not use and did not care about anyway.

Maybe this will happen for others. Seldom does my philosophy of ignoring problems which I don't care about result in a solution nonetheless. DirecTV serendipity, LOL.

Caller ID is one of the ongoing issues they have been trying to fix. With the latest releases more and more small fixes immerge as well as new features. Lets just hope it stays fixed. ;)

so far, i haven't had any problems.........although, i only have the newest hr20 hooked to the phone line.

I am getting mixed results on my HR20-100. Its on the latest CE release but its not catching all calls. My HR20-700 which is also on the latest CE has been pretty solid for months. I have Vonage. Its been such an eratic issue on this receiver. Thank goodness is very low on my priority of features. Nice to have but not critical. I lived for years with none on my Tivos.

I've got ATT Callvantage (VoIP), connected to D* using the DualJack 2.4GHz cordless extension. HR20 on the latest national release (last Wed), not missing any calls.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts