HR20 CE software release 2/20 & 2/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
wow

this is getting more and more like we gettting new virus definitions everyday ... lol

Yeah, it would be nice if the backdoor to force-download was easier. I want the bug fixes, but the 11-1 window is rough the next morning... my HR20 takes about 40 attempts before it starts downloading, roughly 45-60 min.

at least my virus scanner auto-updates itself.

Yeah, it would be nice if the backdoor to force-download was easier. I want the bug fixes, but the 11-1 window is rough the next morning... my HR20 takes about 40 attempts before it starts downloading, roughly 45-60 min.

at least my virus scanner auto-updates itself.

jpn,
If you are having trouble getting your HR20-700 to download the updates regularly, and you are doing the numbers right at the beginning of the blue screen.

Try unplugging the unit and do the numbers when the blue screen comes up, I have had to do it that way a few times and it seems to work fine doing it that way.

Jimbo

You can also try to start entering 0 2 4 6 8 (nothing else, no enter) as soon as the blue disc LED's start to spin. One of my sets takes a while to sync up via HDMI which cuts into the window for entering the force code.

jpn,
If you are having trouble getting your HR20-700 to download the updates regularly, and you are doing the numbers right at the beginning of the blue screen.

Try unplugging the unit and do the numbers when the blue screen comes up, I have had to do it that way a few times and it seems to work fine doing it that way.

Jimbo

I've varied my attempts. I've tried entering the digits with the visible blue-screen, and also before then (when the blue led's start 'spinning'). I've tried un-plugging.

I have not tried skipping the 'enter' key, will try that next time.

I've been picking/choosing my updates, not attempting every time. If the description isn't of interest, then I won't stay awake all night for it. 0x132 is a good set, my guide speed has gone from painfully-slow to pleasurably-quick. Not sure I'll use the game channel, but at least it works.

If you're pressing the enter key that's your problem, enter only the number and nothing else.

Sorry, I mis-typed. The original instructions I read was to use the sequence '0 2 4 6 8 Select'. I have been doing that, not skipping the 'Select' button.

Sorry, I mis-typed. The original instructions I read was to use the sequence '0 2 4 6 8 Select'. I have been doing that, not skipping the 'Select' button.

Yup, I bet thats your problem.
I have never used the "Select" button at least yet !!!
Using the select button probably starts it to do something different, maybe ther for maybe putting a glitch inthe download process.

Jimbo

Jimbo and hdtvtechno, thanks much. I'll try it the next time a CE release looks promising.

I am moving this thread to the DVR section.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts