HR20: CE07152 - 0x165 Issues & Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

When did you download and Install this CE Version?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
Please post any issues with the latest HR20 CE release. We are also curious to see who is installing the CE Releases.

HR20-700: CE07152
Version: 0x165

NOTE: This is for the HR20-700 Only;
The HR20-100 is not part of this CE

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; June 1, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; June 2, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Time and availability subject to change
Please monitor the threads, 60% chance the CE will happen... but until it does... anything can change.

While you are waiting for the Window to open:
-) MUST READ AND AGREE TO: - The CE "explanation" thread... http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=79021
-) How To Download

Please join "us" in the CHAT room, about 15 minutes before the window opens... and till... well to the last person turns off the lights...
http://chat.dbstalk.com

The Contents of the Release:

What this CE contains: (with relation to last National Release 0x15C)
Items from 0x15F
Items from 0x164
Items from 0x16?

Improved

* SWM channel tuning reliability
* My Playlist -> Category Sort/Search
* Stability
* Caller ID and "Unkown/Unkown" Popup
* Recorded program playback is not interrupted when a scheduled recording starts
* "Pinky" has been... removed
* Acquiring Guide Data OSD (On Screen Display), surpressed during recorded playback
* Improved Trickplay
* Improved single tuner operation
* Network Setup - "Connect Now" will not set Static IP if IP address did not change

Updated

* The entire GUI, to the New "White" GUI
* Pressing EXIT on an iTV app while in recorded playback stops only the iTV app
* Scrolling option in setup
* One button guide in setup
* "Static" is displayed next to IP address in system info when static IP is in use (using static IP is not recommended)
* More on screen remote control codes, for remote setup screen
* Removed display of yellow icon in the channel banner, if only one audio track is available
* Progress bar will update when a stop time extension is added to the currently-recording program
* Changes based on CE feedback to the new WHITE GUI

New feature(s)

* Added group-play in the Playlist that plays all programs within a group one after the other
* Added display of conflicting programs in the To Do List

Notes

* Caller ID is not 100%
* Picture may freeze (still frame) when doing 6s jump back
* Feedback... Feedback... Feedback... If there was ever a CE todate where feedback was most critical... this is the one.

Last edited:
Downloading now.
(Processing,.... Processing,.... Processing, ....intreging (Commander Data)while linked to the Borg !!!)

Jimbo

I got a Lagunitas Outlawed Amber. Busy tonight typing so its slowing my drinking down.

It looks like they fixed the overscan issue. My guide was getting cut off at the bottom and that now appears to work on my primary 65" TV.

Looks like Logo is not as big during Trick Play.

Attachments

• D1.JPG
    D1.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 182
  • D2.JPG
    D2.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 195
  • D3.JPG
    D3.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 174
It downloaded quick, and this is the first time I have seen the new look (other then pictures here at at DBSTalk) and I kind of LIKE it. :D

Nice upgrade.

I like it too. Some complaints but there will always be folks to not like whatever you do. Now that I had it for a week, its really better for me. I havent noticed all the changes but they appear very slight from last week's release. This tells me VOD is coming pretty soon.

Yes,
I like the new White GUI as well, it looks ...... more professional, maybe, I can't really find the right word, but I like it, it's crisp and cleaner.

It may be a bit to soon to notice , but it appears that they fixed the audio dropouts too. I was having them on D* HD only, all other channels were fine.
I was hoping that , that was part of the "Stability" improvement :)

Jimbo

Needs to be less white. When I go into the guide while in bed, the room lights up. When I compensate by turning the brightness down on the TV, the programming is too dim.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)