HR20 questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

transfan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Does the HR20 have an off-only signal you can send from the remote or a universal remote so you can make a macro to turn everything off? If not, has anyone made a good macro that will only turn the unit off? (I know some electronics have a debug mode that, if the system is off, it will not accept power commands for a few seconds)

Has anyone successfully split the digital optical out using a splitter so you can use, say a dvd player, with only one optical input on your receiver?

If there is a bad storm and the signal is lost, can you still watch, record, and control your OTA locals?

Thanks in advance!

I kind of gave up on the universal control/macro to control all my devices. I've had a couple of universal remotes and they've worked pretty well but the march of technology kept catching up with them so I finally gave up buying them. I understand there are good ones out there, I just don't use one.

Yes, you can still use your HR20 to watch and record OTA if a storm knocks out the satellite signal. It's one of the reason I prefer the H/HR20 series over the new H/HR21 series....until the AM21 comes along to add OTA to the new series.

Can't speak to the optical splitter. So far I've got enough inputs to support my DVD, CD, and satellite inputs to my Yamaha reciever that a splitter has never become an issue.

I just checked the picture of the remote and it has an off button. So I should be able to learn that button no problem. Thanks for the help. I still am curious about the optical switching!

I don't understand why people WANT to turn off their DVR's in the first place - at least in the case of D* DVR's, it serves NO purpose whatsoever, except for killing the video output. You are NOT saving any electricity, since the internal electronics/hd run 24/7 regardless.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)