Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following release notes have been posted by Earl over at DBSTalk.

Here you go, enjoy!

Notice: This is a joint Release Note; Since 0xEB did not go national.
Items in BLACK are from 0xEB
Items in BLUE are from 0xEF

Fixes
  • Program deleting from the MyVod before user action or delete criteria reached (space, SL settings, etc).
  • Prioritizer will remain in-sync with the todo list
  • Upon initial playback, content doesn't play and displays "DELETE" On-Screen Dialog
  • Additional Miscellaneous fixes (no specifics provided)
  • Improved accuracy of hard drive usage indicator
    [*]Dolby Digital ON/OFF; Toggling Inconsistencies
    [*]Jump to marked points in playback (End Points and TickMarks)
    [*]Native mode no longer incorrectly changes resolution during trickplay
Improvements
  • 'Searching for satellite' message no longer appears while viewing a recorded program.
  • Improvements to Manual Recording Scheduling and reliability
  • Additional stability fixes
  • Improvements to HDMI compatibility.
    [*]TrickPlay motion smoothed video
    [*]30s SLIP at faster speed
    [*]CC improvement
    [*]Additional stability improvements
New Features
  • All A/V Outputs are disabled when the unit is put in standby mode
  • Unofficial Support: eSATA will properly reflect full size of connected drive (or RAID)
    [*]4x FF mode

Menu->Setup->Info (hit Select) right hand side of the screen.

FYI: In Illinois; you should still be on 0xE3
This release right now is only out in the Pacific Timezone.

It is a staggered release.

Earl at DBSTalk has said that everyone else "Might" get the update later tonight/tomorrow morning... :hungry:

This is apparently the Best, Most stable update they have sent so far..
Still no OTA though :down

any word on when caller id fix wil be out?
i have caller id servicer and hr20 plugged into phone but i always get call phone comapny to sub caller id instead of name/number
my neighbors have same problem with ther hr20

any word on when caller id fix wil be out?
i have caller id servicer and hr20 plugged into phone but i always get call phone comapny to sub caller id instead of name/number
my neighbors have same problem with ther hr20

If your neighbors are having the same issues...
Do they have the same phone service provider?

If your neighbors are having the same issues...
Do they have the same phone service provider?
good question the answer is no their phone service is through qwest, prior to the hr20 they got on the 4th of this month they had a h10 the caller id functioned flawlessly
my phone service is through comcast as well as internet and tv, my phone service isnt voip though neither is my neighbors

good question the answer is no their phone service is through qwest, prior to the hr20 they got on the 4th of this month they had a h10 the caller id functioned flawlessly
my phone service is through comcast as well as internet and tv, my phone service isnt voip though neither is my neighbors

Does your caller id work on other phones ?

Jimbo

Does your caller id work on other phones ?

Jimbo
yes originally my neighbors had 2 h10's a month ago both caller ids worked those were then swapped for 1 h20 and 1 hr20.
the h20 caller id was problimatic and worked intially, then stopped working. so dtv was called and were told to erase some calls from the list that was done erased all test calls to check cid, then the h20 cid has function fine but the hr20 in the other room cid always says call provider to sub cid the h10 that was in that room a month ago worked fine

i have already brought up the idea of switching placement of boxes swapping rooms but they dont want todo that.

from the time i spent with dtv on the phone for this problem it seems to me there is a problem and they are apparently working on it

Hr20

I have recently upgraded to HDTV. I Have a Sony Bravia and was given an HR20 by Direct Tv. I am very disappointed in the HDTV service. My first box deleted programs and actually canceled programs on the to do list. They sent me a new box and now it has problems recording two programs at once. The Hr20 is also freezing during playback and loses sound. I am very disappointed and am now looking into other companies. I am with Direct tv because of the NFL package and am willing to give up for better DVR service. I have to say i am not thrilled with the HD picture. Very grainy and you can make out the pixels. I loved my Direct Tv Tivo box and was very disappointed when i was given an HR20 instead of The HD Tivo box. If this software fix doesn't come out soon, or if it doesn't fix my problems i guess i'm going to cable or Dish Network. Has any elses HR20 had problems recording two programs at once?

I've noticed that they changed My VOD to My Playlist with this upgrade. Haven't noticed anything else. Will need to check the 30 second skip for quicker response.

I have recently upgraded to HDTV. I Have a Sony Bravia and was given an HR20 by Direct Tv. I am very disappointed in the HDTV service. My first box deleted programs and actually canceled programs on the to do list. They sent me a new box and now it has problems recording two programs at once. The Hr20 is also freezing during playback and loses sound. I am very disappointed and am now looking into other companies. I am with Direct tv because of the NFL package and am willing to give up for better DVR service. I have to say i am not thrilled with the HD picture. Very grainy and you can make out the pixels. I loved my Direct Tv Tivo box and was very disappointed when i was given an HR20 instead of The HD Tivo box. If this software fix doesn't come out soon, or if it doesn't fix my problems i guess i'm going to cable or Dish Network. Has any elses HR20 had problems recording two programs at once?

Relax, you do realize that this unit is still new and D* is working diligently to fix problems as they show up. They release an update every couple of weeks and the unit is getting better as they go. The first several things you mentioned should be fixed by now.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts