hr20, zinwell, slimline au9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigorangekitty

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
i have a HR20 dvr plus... self install. currently i'm just using the standard old oval dish (won't take it down until slimline install is complete), but with the purchase of the dvr plus, i got a DIRECTV AU9 Slimline with three lnbs for 101, 110, and 119. i also have a zinwell wb68 switch. i have the slimline dish mounted, turned off HR20 dvr, and connected switch.

however, when i go back in to check my signal, the receiver will not turn on. so i disconnect the switch, and reconnect the old oval dish, and the receiver boots right up.

i'm in columbia, sc
231 az
40 el
55 tilt

is there something wrong with the switch...or am i doing something wrong?
any suggestions?

those numbers are straight off the HR20... are they wrong?

also...what about the switch?

does it matter which coaxial gets screwed into the lnb? do i have to have both tuners plugged in, or for just setting this up could i just use one?

those numbers are straight off the HR20... are they wrong?

also...what about the switch?

Got to be, The elevation for my area is 40 on the KAKu dish. You're 400 miles south of me. The AZ should be the same as mine(225-226) but your elevation should be higher.

Last edited:
does anyone have the elevation, skew, and azimuth for the AU9 slimline (101, 110, 119 setup) .... for Columbia, SC?

...cause my hr20 has to be wrong with 40el, 55sk, and 231 az. i don't want to take down my old dish until i can the slimline working...but according to that 231 azimuth, i wouldn't even be pointing anywhere near where my old dtv dish is currently pointing.

any help please... i've been busy with work... and working on this on/off for months...

When you go thru the process to get those settings from your HR-20 are you choosing the Oval, 3 LNB dish or the 5 LNB dish?

The slimline is the 5 LNB dish and is pointed at the 101 sat, whereas the 3 LNB dish is pointed at the 110 sat.

I would try it one more time using the new dish type.

it only has three lnbs...not the 5 at9 but it won't hurt to try to the settings for the 5lnb dish

attatched is the pic of the dish...you might be right...i'm still rather a newb!

thanks..keep the tips coming.

Attachments

• AH9-SlimLine_small.jpg
    AH9-SlimLine_small.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 117
does anyone have the elevation, skew, and azimuth for the AU9 slimline (101, 110, 119 setup) .... for Columbia, SC?

...cause my hr20 has to be wrong with 40el, 55sk, and 231 az. i don't want to take down my old dish until i can the slimline working...but according to that 231 azimuth, i wouldn't even be pointing anywhere near where my old dtv dish is currently pointing.

any help please... i've been busy with work... and working on this on/off for months...

I'm down in Charlotte so I will ask a friend.

What is your Zip code?

29212 Columbia, SC

Hemi...the pic you have in your avatar...is the same dish i have... that's 5 lnb, as someone else mentioned in the thread? the reason i ask, is because the people i bought it from said it only picked up 101, 110, and 119... so i was using 3 lnb set up...

thanks for any help you can give me.... i'm gonna try again when i get home from work...

29212 Columbia, SC

Hemi...the pic you have in your avatar...is the same dish i have... that's 5 lnb, as someone else mentioned in the thread? the reason i ask, is because the people i bought it from said it only picked up 101, 110, and 119... so i was using 3 lnb set up...

thanks for any help you can give me.... i'm gonna try again when i get home from work...
Yes to the untrained eye,,it would appear to be a 3LNB, But the one LNB does 3 satellites.

i tried 219 az, 45 elev, 63 skew...zinwell switch... still got nothing....

to quote charlie brown "ugggg"

any more tips?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)