Please reply by conversation.

Chado

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 11, 2005
Orlando, FL
Hey Gang,

I called up and ordered an additional HD-DVR on Friday and was excited to see a box in the doorway when I got home. I was a little bit taken aback and confused when I was sent a HR21-100. I was expecting something newer than that. I did get a $100 credit off the order (paying $99/tax), but am a little bit disappointed that I was sent such an old model. Is it me, or has this been around for about 4 years??

I asked the representative what model I would receive and she stated that she didn't know which I expected. She was very polite and helpful otherwise.

I am not one to complain about DIRECTV or the service, but shouldn't I expect a newer model?

Just trying to level set expectations. Thanks in advance!!

there is no set model; I might have expected HR22 or up BYT does your HR21 work and provided what you need it too?

The only way to guarantee a particular model is to get it from an online vendor, or order the HMC dvr (HR34) from Directv.

I have a simple set up, one DVR in the family room and the new one in the bedroom. It can probably do all that I need it to do, was just expecting the latest shiny box. Just trying to gauge proper expectations and it sounds like it isn't that big of a deal. Thanks guys!

Probably a remanufactured unit and not new. All DirecTV promises is a unit that will perform the advertised functions.

The units usually have a manufacture date on a label. My HR23 recently had a power supply failure. DirecTV sent a HR22 to replace it. Ironically, the manufacture date on the HR22 was eight months newer than the HR23 it replaced. And, frankly, I find the HR22 to be faster.

Probably a remanufactured unit and not new. All DirecTV promises is a unit that will perform the advertised functions.

The units usually have a manufacture date on a label. My HR23 recently had a power supply failure. DirecTV sent a HR22 to replace it. Ironically, the manufacture date on the HR22 was eight months newer than the HR23 it replaced. And, frankly, I find the HR22 to be faster.

I have both a HR22 & HR23 DVR. The only difference between the two is that if you don't have a SWM set up,you don't need B-Band Converters for the HR23(they're built in),whereas for the HR22,you do.

I'm not sure trading an HR21 for something based on the HR22 is a win.

If I only had one TV hooked up to DTV,I'd have the DIRECTiVo THR22. Sadly,it wasn't an option when I signed up in 2009. Unlike Dish Network,where you can't mix ViP DVR's/receivers with Hoppers & Joeys,you can mix HR20's,HR21's,HR22's,HR23's,R22's,H21's,& H23's(with appropriate adapters) with HR24's,HR34's,H24's,& H25's in MRV set ups. I have a MRV set up of a HR22,HR23,HR24,H24,& H25. I didn't have to replace any DVR/receiver to get that set up. I also have 2 ViP722k's & 1 Vip211k. They are bought & payed for & mine. If I decided that I want the Hopper system,then I have 2 ViP DVRs & one ViP receiver that I cannot use & that I ended up wasting money on(& will just sit on the shelf in a closet gathering dust). Tell me how THAT makes sense?

I'm not sure what brought on all the DISH rant, but what doesn't make sense to most is owning the equipment. DISH allows it for those who are so inclined but DIRECTV fights it tooth and nail.

The downside with DIRECTV is that when you swap out a DVR for a replacement or updated model, all the programming recorded on that DVR is lost.

I have both a HR22 & HR23 DVR. The only difference between the two is that if you don't have a SWM set up,you don't need B-Band Converters for the HR23(they're built in),whereas for the HR22,you do.

Actually they are not built in. The tuners do not require them since they are wide enough and do not require the conversion.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Actually they are not built in. The tuners do not require them since they are wide enough and do not require the conversion.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

True, but for many here who aren't technically conversant, it's simpler to say they are built in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts