This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

hr21-200 not responding to remote(s)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BNDAZ

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Just upgraded this past Tuesday to an hr21-200.
The next day it wouldn't respond to the remote thought the remote controlled the tv. ( i tried two remote, the stock unit and a programmed harmony 670).
Hard reboot fixed the issue.
Same thing the next day..called direct, the seem to think it may have been overheating because i had left it on. Checked software..0x22b, they say that is the most current.
Turned the unit off last night. Woke up today...no response, reboot and it works fine.
I will call direct later today( they said they would replace if it continued), but any other ideas?

My hr-700 did the same thing after being on all day. I started rewinding and it would not stop. I had to unplug and plug back in. Worked fine afterwards. I think these units just need to have plenty of cooling.

ok, i'm going to say it before someone else does. Are your batteries dead
LOL, first thing i checked : )
An indicator batteries arent the problem as well, is that it works fine after a reboot.

It's not a cooling issue, mine started this behaviour in the past 3 days. It appears to be related to the latest software update.

Tonight when mine rebooted it lost all of my recordings and my ToDo list. GRRRRRRR!

Status
Please reply by conversation.