HR21- Can it output SD and HD simultaneously?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smaye

Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
I have my HR21 connected to my HDTV, but I have an AVcast system sending the output to the other SD TVs in my house. One issue with this is that the signal going in to the AVCast system must be 480i.

1- Can the HR21 output both hd 1080i and 480i simultaneuosly out of the different outputs; composite & component video

2- If not, is there a device that can downconvert the 1080i signal to 480i?

It will output on all connections on the back, HDMI, Component and Composite at the same time showing the same channel.

So you could Mirror 2 HD TV's and 1 SD TV. However if you mirror to a SD tv, the image may not fill the entire screen on a CRT/Tube and may flicker/scan as 480 is still a strong signal for an older TV.

I was able to do what I want with my old HR10-250, but I had to manually set the output format on it to 480i for it to work. I had hoped this would send out both 1080i and 480i simultaneuosly, but now that I look at it I can not see ho it would do it.

The S-video and composite outputs of the H2x and HR2x receivers are 480i regardless of the setting for the HDMI and component outputs. All of the outputs are active simultaneously. The will all have the same aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3), as these are not individually selectable.

The S-video and composite outputs of the H2x and HR2x receivers are 480i regardless of the setting for the HDMI and component outputs. All of the outputs are active simultaneously. The will all have the same aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3), as these are not individually selectable.

Well, for the HR10-250 I had to set the format to 480i to get a picture. I was using composite video out from the HR10-250 to the AVCast unit. As soon as I got it on 480i the picture would come up. It did have sort of a squeezed look as my HDTV is 16:9 and the HR1-20-250 was set for that. The regular 32" 4:3 format TV looked sort of squeezed.

On the HR21 you are correct. I just tried it. The composite video and auiod out to to the AVCast produce a picture on the other TV even with the HR21 set at 1080i.

Well, for the HR10-250 I had to set the format to 480i to get a picture. I was using composite video out from the HR10-250 to the AVCast unit. As soon as I got it on 480i the picture would come up. It did have sort of a squeezed look as my HDTV is 16:9 and the HR1-20-250 was set for that. The regular 32" 4:3 format TV looked sort of squeezed.

On the HR21 you are correct. I just tried it. The composite video and auiod out to to the AVCast produce a picture on the other TV even with the HR21 set at 1080i.

Smaye, the HR 10 was known for having an underpowered output section that could handle SD or HD but not both at the same time. It also could only output HDMI or component, but not both. The HR2X series all have a more "robust" output section that can output on all connectors at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)