HR22 problem with one tuner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

YragT

Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
North Carolina
It will be obvious I am not knowledgeable regarding these systems. My dish was blown out of alignment by an amount suffcient to lose all channels. When I look at signal Tuner one has many transponders still above 80% while Tuner two has only 3 with any signal. I can get the three channels on tuner two but I get nothing on tuner one.

Obviously, I need to realign the dish; however, I am concerned that there are other problems with the IRD?

Also, the dish was never aligned as good as could be. Any reccomendations on what sort of meter I might purchase to make a better alignment> Dish is a slimline 5.

Any help appreciated.

First off, :welcome to Satelliteguys!

Meters are rather expensive. You may well be able to align it using the signal meters in the receiver. Since it takes a few seconds for any adjustments of the dish to show on the signal meters, slow and steady is the way to go here. Use small adjustments and note what it does to the levels and make further changes based on that. I'm guessing the azimuth is what needs changing. With some patience you can likely get good results. If you have the protection plan, a realignment is covered. If you call and ask, they may do it for no cost. Either way, let us know how it works out!

Thanks. My thought regarding the meter come from the fact that the initial alignment was done as per your suggestions. The result was that a few transponders had weak signals causing constant tiling. I never could get it any better. Probably it is not worth the cost of a meter to resolve that small an issue.

Any thoughts as to why I am basically only able to watch tuner No. 2, in this present situation? Tuner No. 1 shows reasonable signals on about half the transponders but it apparrently does not play through to the TV. I dont understand as I assumed tuner No. 2 came into play only when recording on one channel and watching or recording on the other? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again.

The differential between tuners isn't a dish peaking issue. It is most likely either a LNB or cable issue but it could be a problem with the receiver itself.

We need to know more about your switchgear to make more considered suggestions.

It may be more than the alignment as Harshness suggests, but it's best to get the dish peaked if possible before changing out other equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts