HR23 need for ethernet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmacj88

Dec 28, 2013
Brimfield, OH
My in-laws were recently upgraded to an HR23. They are big into renting on demand movies. Ever since the upgrade, they can not order on demand because they do not have internet to the box. They called DTV and were told that they must have an ethernet connection with the new boxes in order to access on demand. Am I crazy or does that sound rediculous for DirecTV to do? How many houses actually have an ethernet connection to their TV or even the ability to do that? That being so, wouldn't that cut back on the number of on demand purchases made?
Is there any way, other than running a network cable to the box, that you can get a network connection to the box? Is there a wireless adapter that you can put on the DTV boxes?
Thanks for any info that you can give me.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They could use a home plug type thing that sends the internet connection through the existing household wiring. That's how I have my Hopper and blu-ray player connected. I have had no issues with it. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They could use a home plug type thing that sends the internet connection through the existing household wiring. That's how I have my Hopper and blu-ray player connected. I have had no issues with it. :) Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yea it works, but I would recommend against using the as there are issues with the signal jumping electrical phases, which means they may not work in every outlet in your house.

DirecTV sells a wireless cinema connection kit that will install on the coax line and connect all their HD/HD-DVR receivers to internet. Depending on your account status this may be free, $25, or $79. Call and ask for a wireless cinema connection kit, or you may be able to get it on directv.com as well.

If you don't have a SWM network (hit dash on the remote, does it say SWM connected), then get the professional installation and they will upgrade the directv network to SWM.

This likely would be the best solution versus anything that uses the power line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)