HR24-100 possibly died?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
I went downstairs this evening to find an error on my TV screen saying "Cool Down"

The temperature was if I remember 64? The message said it needs to be 50 or less to boot.

The top didn't feel hot, just barely warm. (I know the hard drive or other internals might be much warmer.)

So, I currently do not have the service and protection plan. If I did have it, that would cover the replacement?
If I were to add this plan, how long would I have to wait before I call in my bad box, and how long do I have to keep it after making a claim?

I'm not trying to get something for nothing, but, I also do not want to shell out in the area of $200 for something that DirecTv says does not belong to me.

Thanks in advance.

Directv will replace a defective unit at no charge except for shipping, around $20. That cost may be waved if you ask nicely!
The protection plan means no shipping charges at all.

Thanks Chip. Is that regardless the age of the unit? I had the HR24 as my main unit for awhile before I got my Genie.

Thanks again.

If you do sign up for the protection plan - it has be active on your account for 30 days before you can use it! Calling in and saying your receiver is dead will result with a question - DO you want to setup a service call? or can we shipp you a replacement? Without PP it is $20 for shipping and they will send instructions for returning the Defective Receiver -if they want it returned.

Thanks for the information.

I was under the impression that anytime you replaced a receive, you had to pay full replacement price, such as like $199 for a DVR like the HR24.

I didn't realize they would replace a defective receiver.

At any rate, after leaving it unplugged overnight, it has come back up for now.

Thanks for the information.

I was under the impression that anytime you replaced a receive, you had to pay full replacement price, such as like $199 for a DVR like the HR24.

I didn't realize they would replace a defective receiver.

At any rate, after leaving it unplugged overnight, it has come back up for now.
Cool, the temp has obviously dropped ...
Btw, that must have been Celsius ....

Having a recvr in the Motorhome, I have seen both ends of the temperature spectrum.
From needing to warm up to needing to cool down.
Btw, it shouldn't hurt the unit if thats what your thinking, mines been working fine.

The HR24-100 has a known fan issue. Put a fan blowing on it until your protection plan kick in. Or you can move it to a very cold room.

Or you can move it to a very cold room.

Our basement is easily 10 degrees colder than our upper floor, which we keep at about 69 degrees during the winter. I doubt that is the issue. If it continues to overheat, I'll just drop the $20 for shipping since replacement of the unit would be covered without a protection plan.

Hopefully, it was a fluke.

Thanks all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)