HR24-500 DECA and MRV Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dsprague2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Illinois
I have 2 HR24-400 DVRs and had it installed on Tuesday....

I had deca installed at the 8-way SWiM splitter and connected to my cisco 2700 series switch...

These issues happen on both receivers, both also have software 0xE003

The DVRs see eachother and get assigned a IP address by my belkin vision router.
I opened the ports on the router for port forwarding 27161/27162 and 27163/27164 and configured the DVRs for the specific ports....
When it goes to start network services it gives error code 301 and then error code 457 and says network services failed...
you go into connect now and per some other posts manually configured DNS to google's free DNS service to 8.8.8.8 instead of my ISP's DNS servers.
When you go into connect now under network it says ok on everything except for connected to internet, then it freezes and just sits there for about 10 minutes and just exits eventually...
you go back into network after it exits and the receiver freezes on the menu and wont exit or allow you to do anything...
if you run a system test it locks up at 80% or 90% and then eventually you just hear audio but no picture in the upper right hand corner and does not accepts command from remote or front panel

You end up having to reset the receiver with the red button and/or unplugging it...
I did the supposed format/factory reset by rebooting the receiver and pressing the down arrow on the front and pressing the record button but nothing changed....
Went into the menu and did a "Reset Everything" it starts to work and then exits the menu back to normal TV with Please Wait across the bottom and then just locks up with video and audio continuing behind the please wait.

When you go to play a recording from the other receiver it says the the remote server failed to provide a video and audio stream.

I have switched things on the 8 way splitter to try different ports, and the "Internet" shows (22) next to it in the system info.

I have tried redownloading the software and contacted tech support and no one can explain what is happening... and today it does allow you to schedule recordings via the internet or on my iPhone....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Well i figured out the problem it was a combination of the following 3 items.... first i did the reauthorization as shown in a topic in the support forum, then I replaced the network cable with a cat6, and finally hooked it directly to my router instead of going through my cisco 2900XL series switch.

Reset the DECA and both receivers, reconfigured the ports, set static network IPs for both DVRs, made sure that the correct ports were still forwarding, and that I was using Google's free DNS servers.
Went through got network services started, then did the "Connect Now" in the network menu, successfully connected... then ran the system test and it completed without a hitch.

Everything HAS BEEN FIXED and D* did not know what to do.... LOL

I just read your post and I still wouldn't be able to do it. I'm not "networking" literate. My home network does work though in spite of my lack of knowledge. I wish I knew about IPs and configuring a router, etc but most people don't

You probably don't need to make all those changes in the router. My setup works and I'm not using static IP, I'm not forwarding ports, I'm using my ISP DNS servers, etc.

My bet is that something is wrong with the wiring and you should check your signal levels for the receivers. Press Guide and right arrow at the same time on the receiver (not the remote), go to "Coax" and you will see the DB levels for each device. Anything over 60 and you'll get errors. Go to the second page (matrix) and anything below 215 is a red flag.

One thing I'm curious about, what happens if you disable the port forwarding? Does it still work?

Well i figured out the problem it was a combination of the following 3 items.... first i did the reauthorization as shown in a topic in the support forum, then I replaced the network cable with a cat6, and finally hooked it directly to my router instead of going through my cisco 2900XL series switch.

Reset the DECA and both receivers, reconfigured the ports, set static network IPs for both DVRs, made sure that the correct ports were still forwarding, and that I was using Google's free DNS servers.
Went through got network services started, then did the "Connect Now" in the network menu, successfully connected... then ran the system test and it completed without a hitch.

Everything HAS BEEN FIXED and D* did not know what to do.... LOL

From what you describe, it sounds like the switch. Is that a smart switch? The port may have not been configured correctly. Try a reset or check it's configuration.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)