HR24 DVR Freezing Up On Playback--Ever Since Firmware Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can delay it a week or two. Return it before the bill is due because they will put a charge on your bill until it is returned. So I guess it would be determined by the due date. I delayed mine because I was sick and couldn't get to the post office. They removed the charge right away.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

That's what I'll do. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost them but if possible, we'd like to hang onto them. If we do get D* to send us a replacement, does anyone know how long you have to send in the defective unit?

It's been awhile for me, but I think it was like 14 days ...

I would expect them to want it back, but wait for them to tell you, older recvrs often they don't want back, with the new Genies and clients, maybe they do , maybe they don't now ..

It's been awhile for me, but I think it was like 14 days ...

I would expect them to want it back, but wait for them to tell you, older recvrs often they don't want back, with the new Genies and clients, maybe they do , maybe they don't now ..
I suppose if they don't send a recovery kit (and don't bill you) then they don't want it back.

I suppose if they don't send a recovery kit (and don't bill you) then they don't want it back.

Not necessarily, sometimes the return box doesn't make it, even though they will tell you it was sent.

How long are you thinking it would take to get the stuff you need off it ?

They will tell you up front that they don't need it back.

Not necessarily, sometimes the return box doesn't make it, even though they will tell you it was sent.

How long are you thinking it would take to get the stuff you need off it ?

They will tell you up front that they don't need it back.
Oh, I could likely do it over a weekend. I'm assuming that since you can still buy the HR24's from retailers that they would want it back but who knows. Once I get a copy of the stuff I need I really don't need a faulty box laying around anyway.

Oh, I could likely do it over a weekend. I'm assuming that since you can still buy the HR24's from retailers that they would want it back but who knows. Once I get a copy of the stuff I need I really don't need a faulty box laying around anyway.

You can always add the new recvr, watch the rest of your shows on the old one, then return it when your done.
It would only cost you $ 5 addl p/m till you turned it off.

Might be $ 6.

Interesting, I am having similar issues with my HR24. We left for a long weekend last Tuesday, and since return Sunday the box has barely worked. It has been rebooted/restarted/error corrected multiple times, and I am came back here looking for help. Is there any hope that it will iron itself out, or am I going to have to get a replacement? Any tips or tricks to try first?

You might try successive reboots. Go through the menu if you can.

Interesting, I am having similar issues with my HR24. We left for a long weekend last Tuesday, and since return Sunday the box has barely worked. It has been rebooted/restarted/error corrected multiple times, and I am came back here looking for help. Is there any hope that it will iron itself out, or am I going to have to get a replacement? Any tips or tricks to try first?

If you are getting disk drive errors (I assume you ran the diagnostics) they virtually never correct themselves permanently....

You might try successive reboots. Go through the menu if you can.
It looks like that resolved the issue, at least for now. It has been rebooting and repairing errors several times over the last few days. When it would finally seem to be working I would turn the TV on just to find that it was stuck on whatever channel it was on and would eventually freeze/reboot, starting the process over again. It went through all of that again last night, but today at lunch it appears that it finally fixed itself. The downside is that it is fully restored, like a brand new unit. All of my recordings are gone, scheduled recordings are gone, custom guide gone, etc. We will see if this did the trick, as I am much happier reprogramming everything then having to deal with the process of new equipment! On the plus side it does seem a bit snappier now. The only remaining hiccup is that the internet connection is not registering for it.

If you are getting disk drive errors (I assume you ran the diagnostics) they virtually never correct themselves permanently....
I believe that was part or all of the problem. Now that there is nothing on the DVR, perhaps that is why the box is working again? Is it possible to swap out the drive, or will an external drive be a possible work around? Is the issue most likely a physically failing hard drive?

I believe that was part or all of the problem. Now that there is nothing on the DVR, perhaps that is why the box is working again? Is it possible to swap out the drive, or will an external drive be a possible work around? Is the issue most likely a physically failing hard drive?

Quoting myself here...it is almost certainly specific to the hard drive. After several more iterations of the "error correction" scanning, I have found that as long as nothing is on the DVR and I do not pause live TV the box works perfectly. I am guessing the only viable solution is a replacement receiver?

Quoting myself here...it is almost certainly specific to the hard drive. After several more iterations of the "error correction" scanning, I have found that as long as nothing is on the DVR and I do not pause live TV the box works perfectly. I am guessing the only viable solution is a replacement receiver?

Sometimes adding an external drive can solve this, but why bother? A replacement DVR is free (just shipping charge if you don't have the protection plan) and does not give you a new contract commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)