HR2x / R22 CE Release 10/23 v.036A

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just had a thought... Since D* is working with CE people here, and most CE people are interested in MRV, wouldn't that mean that most CE users have ethernet connected to their receivers? (I can remember one user that has his directly connected without a router, but I can't remember his name at the moment... sorry) Couldn't they have an option to have the receiver get it's guide data via the ethernet cable in 10 seconds instead of all night? Then if that didn't work, revert back to the old way and get it from the Sat? Seems to me that wouldn't be very hard to do... alot less work on the receiver if it gets little pieces all the time...

I would suspect the guide is very big, given the 1000 or so channels with detailed program info for 12 days or so. Plus server demand, I believe staying with the download via satellite is a better way.

Also consider that around 10% or less have ethernet connected to date. (guess)

I don't get it. If MRV works so well from receiver to receiver, why the heck are the DIRECTV2PC system requirements so freakin' high?

Playing HD video with HDCP requirements on a computer require a strong processor and very strong graphics unit.

THat's one reason when they switched from using the processor for most processing to the graphics card for the majority of it, the performance improved significantly.

Using this release on two HR20-700 for a few hours this morning. Remote resonse is MUCH BETTER. I have had zero issues with double keys (which one of my two receivers were doing on the last CE and the last NR). The guide / list response time is excellent.

Watching a basketball game via MRV right now, it is an SD broadcast but off an HD channel with the sidebars, and have had zero skips or lags.

Seems very good so far.

One issue on one HR20, when I first did the download the box finished boothing and stayed at "Acquiring Guide Data" and would not change channels, bring up guide or list. Hit menu the only option available was Satellite Setup. Figuring there was a problem, I redid the Satellite Setup and after that it downloaded the guide like normal and all was well.

I have never encountered this on a CE, appears the config became corrupt or something - but I was glad to find my recordings were still there!

Box can be sluggish for up to 6 hours because it has to completely download new guide data and reschedule all the series links/recordings. If you put it in standby overnight, should be pretty peppy in the morning after the download. Mine are zipping along pretty well and no mrv problems so far.

Directv2pc needs a lot of computer. Either your GPU needs to be able to decode mpeg2 and mpeg4 (many dont do mpeg4) or you'll need close to a 2GHz dual core cpu to do the decoding in software. My 1.86 core 2 duo desktop machine hits about 75-80% utilization decoding 1080P/mpeg4 and the output looks a little stuttery. Further the data stream from the receiver to the PC is encrypted with DTCP, and the computer has to do that decode as well before it even gets to the mpeg2/mpeg4 data. Then THAT has to be sent using HDCP encryption to the screen.

The receiver includes pretty good hardware mpeg2/4 decoders, so it has less trouble.

Good news is that even the cheapest current model computers include a decent integrated graphics chip like the intel 4500 or the ati 3200hd, and they all can do the mpeg decodes in hardware, or you can drop an ati 3450 or 4350 card into a desktop for ~$20 and get all the hardware decode you could ever need.

Notice that I have a number of recordings in my history showing "canceled by viewer" that werent canceled by any of us.

Long history of the dang thing giving the wrong error messages for why it didnt record, so it may be that there are legitimate reasons why it didnt record.

I was under the understanding that they were pushing a national release? Why are they sending out this at the same time? At any rate, I will give this a try. I have 2 (TW0) HR22 DVR's. Do I:

1) Connect them with a CAT5/6 cable.
2) Download the software to each one at a time.
3) Do the keyword search to each one at a time.
4) Done?

Any help would be appreciated.

I was under the understanding that they were pushing a national release? Why are they sending out this at the same time? At any rate, I will give this a try. I have 2 (TW0) HR22 DVR's. Do I:

1) Connect them with a CAT5/6 cable.
2) Download the software to each one at a time.
3) Do the keyword search to each one at a time.
4) Done?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, they are sending out a new national release but that takes a few weeks to complete, no need to stop the CE process.

As for your steps, basically that's it, you don't need to do them one at a time, you can do them at the same time. You can directly connect them together or connect them to a router, if you have one, that connects to the internet to also get DirecTV on Demand access via your ISP and ability to use DirecTV2PC to view recordings on your PC.

They're probably being kind to their CE testers by giving an MRV enabled release thats a higher version number than the national release. That way we get to keep it.

downloaded and actually got MRV working....ugghh, unwatchable with HD shows which is all we record...

didn't lock up, just would skip constantly...my wife isn't gonna be happy ... hopefully I can find a way to get an HDDVR for my HD receiver with relative ease...

charper, you running wireless or wired, also are you going to the router or just between the 2 boxes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)