HR34 No network dvr's found

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rob321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Atlanta GA
I have an HR 24 receiver connected in my living room and a H21 upstairs in my bedroom and the HR 34 is in my basement. The issue I'm having is my HR34 is unable to see my HR24 but my HR24 can see all the recordings on my HR34. In the whole home setup on my HR34 it say no network dvr's found. I have cheecked to make sure it has an Internet connection and it does. The CCK is connected to my HR 24, the cable from the PI goes into a splitter and one goes to the receiver and the other connects to the CCK which is plugged into my router. I tried resetting all the boxes numerous times and also resetting my router. I can't figure out why my HR24 can see the recordings on my HR34 but the HR34 is unable to see the ones from my HR24.. Any ideas? thanls

rob321 said:
I have an HR 24 receiver connected in my living room and a H21 upstairs in my bedroom and the HR 34 is in my basement. The issue I'm having is my HR34 is unable to see my HR24 but my HR24 can see all the recordings on my HR34. In the whole home setup on my HR34 it say no network dvr's found. I have cheecked to make sure it has an Internet connection and it does. The CCK is connected to my HR 24, the cable from the PI goes into a splitter and one goes to the receiver and the other connects to the CCK which is plugged into my router. I tried resetting all the boxes numerous times and also resetting my router. I can't figure out why my HR24 can see the recordings on my HR34 but the HR34 is unable to see the ones from my HR24.. Any ideas? thanls

Try restoring defaults on all the receivers then rerun the network setup. This should put all the ip addresses seeing each other again.

First we need to get clear that the CCK is for connecting your D* network to the outside world and nothing more. MRV works just fine without any CCK in line. So, I don't think your CCK is part of your MRV issue. When you have a CCK you get addressing from your router, but that is all. The router does not manage MRV (in a standard installation).

Since you have a CCK in the line your receivers will get their addressing from your router. So you should always reset/reboot the router first whenever you are resetting things. Then you can unplug all receivers and then plug them back in at about 30 second intervals. This is the "surest" way to reset your system. With most routers the base address is 192,168.1.1 and all addresses have 192.168.x.x addresses. If you don't see that on your receivers in the internet connection then that receiver is not seeing your router. (However, the receivers seem capable of searching for any unit with a "DIREC.." name and setting itself to use that IP address for MRV. I say that because it seems to be the protocol, but my MRV goes out from time to time and I have to reset the offending receiver when it happens.)

If resetting your receivers fails you have an issue with your settings. I suspect it is a settings issue, but I would do one more reset before I went diving into settings.

Oh yes, one more assumption that I am making is that there have not been any changes in equipment or splitters since you had a professional install. If so, we need to know of any equipment changes that were made to narrow down the possibilities.

(Someone else had your exact same problem a few weeks ago, but I cannot find their post to see what the solution was.)

BobStokesbary said:
First we need to get clear that the CCK is for connecting your D* network to the outside world and nothing more. MRV works just fine without any CCK in line. So, I don't think your CCK is part of your MRV issue. When you have a CCK you get addressing from your router, but that is all. The router does not manage MRV (in a standard installation).

Since you have a CCK in the line your receivers will get their addressing from your router. So you should always reset/reboot the router first whenever you are resetting things. Then you can unplug all receivers and then plug them back in at about 30 second intervals. This is the "surest" way to reset your system. With most routers the base address is 192,168.1.1 and all addresses have 192.168.x.x addresses. If you don't see that on your receivers in the internet connection then that receiver is not seeing your router. (However, the receivers seem capable of searching for any unit with a "DIREC.." name and setting itself to use that IP address for MRV. I say that because it seems to be the protocol, but my MRV goes out from time to time and I have to reset the offending receiver when it happens.)

If resetting your receivers fails you have an issue with your settings. I suspect it is a settings issue, but I would do one more reset before I went diving into settings.

Oh yes, one more assumption that I am making is that there have not been any changes in equipment or splitters since you had a professional install. If so, we need to know of any equipment changes that were made to narrow down the possibilities.

(Someone else had your exact same problem a few weeks ago, but I cannot find their post to see what the solution was.)

The CCK is what's letting the receivers talk to each other. Without it they system would pull to SWM channel 1 for this information. The CCK does more then just connect to the outside world. If the router doesn't supply one or more receivers with proper ip addresses then you've got a problem. As for his, I didn't realize until now he can see the 34 from the 24 but not the other way around. I would do what Bob suggested and unplug the entire system and let it sit and slowly plug everything back in. This should take care of I would think

I had a very similar issue this weekend. My 34 became disconnected from other receivers and from Directv2pc. I figured it had dropped off the network (I have a CCK also). But, when I checked TV Apps on the 34, they were still running fine. Which means it was still connected to the network, just not communicating with the other receivers.. A reset of the 34 fixed the problem.
On a side note, I've never seen or heard of that kind of issue before. I'm wondering if its a bug with the new software version.

The HR34 is getting an ip address from the router and I'm able to download on demand so i know it is connected. I have tried resetting the box and also unplugged all receivers and plugged each one back up one at a time. I did swap the 2 receivers i moved the HR24 from the basement to my living room and the HR34 from living room to basement but everything is connected the same. I will try resetting when i get home tonight

Status
Please reply by conversation.