Hr44 Freezes Daily, What Is Proper 4 Room Diagram?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All the watts that go into the Genie end up as heat. Physicists call this the Law of Conservation of Energy.

if ALL the watts were dissipated as heat then the genie would get no power. you are mixing up various different laws. at best the Genie is probably 80% efficient so 20% of the power that is input to it from the brick is dispersed as heat. more than likely it is somewhere around 50%. power supplies are where the most heat waste occurs, followed by amplifier circuits and motors/moving parts such as hdd. :)

The Genie proper is generating around four times as much heat as the power supply.

All the watts that go into the Genie end up as heat. Physicists call this the Law of Conservation of Energy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy
I saw your reply earlier, but had already posted ...
I understand what your saying, the Power Supply not being part of the overall product makes it cooler than it was, but still hot over all.

That said, the HR20's ran hot, 127* was about as hot as it would get without going to Over heat area, the HR24's run cooler, so far I've seen roughly around 116* and the Genie, at least the 44, seems to run somewhere between 105* and 120*, I don't think I have seen mine over that yet.

Regardless, I doubt that heat, or excessive heat is the issue with the trouble being reported.

Btw, Congrats on 8500 !

if ALL the watts were dissipated as heat then the genie would get no power. you are mixing up various different laws.
I'm not mixing anything up. That the Genie can somehow transfer or release energy through some means other than heat is what's misguided. The only energy outlet other than heat that the Genie has is the HDMI port and I think we can agree that that's not much of an outlet. Where the heat is generated doesn't really matter (though the hard drive is probably 25% of it). What is important is that if the Genie doesn't store the energy, it must release it.

Put into numbers, the Genie and its power supply consume somewhere between 28 and 29 watts on average. If the power supply is 80% efficient, that's just under 23 watts coming into the Genie. Of that almost 23 watts, all but a negligible portion of it ends up as heat inside the box. Conservation of Energy tells us that's how it works. In the event that the fan comes on, some energy is transferred out of the box and that keeps it from burning up but it doesn't change where the heat came from.

Black, no kind of a very dark gray. Blue! No, more of a cobalt. White!! No, sort of an off white........

Status
Please reply by conversation.