raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Has the compass issue been resolved with v2.3.3? I just got the Inspire and would like to use the Dishpointer app.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Try it out and let us know. Most phone manufacturers/carriers fixed the issue now.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I did try it and it works beautifully! The compass was off at first, so I did the figure 8 fix. After that, no problems! This is a great app!
The only hitch was buying it. The website had AMEX on it, but it wouldn't take it so I had to use a VISA.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I did try it and it works beautifully! The compass was off at first, so I did the figure 8 fix. After that, no problems! This is a great app!
The only hitch was buying it. The website had AMEX on it, but it wouldn't take it so I had to use a VISA.
Raoul!! What android version is on your phone I just bought a Samsung Galaxy s2 from ATT with a android ver of 3.3.4 and also looking into buying the dispointer app.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Raoul!! What android version is on your phone I just bought a Samsung Galaxy s2 from ATT with a android ver of 3.3.4 and also looking into buying the dispointer app.

Call me Chip, Raoul is just a screen name! My Inspire has 2.3.3 on it. Did you mean to type 2.3.4?

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Call me Chip, Raoul is just a screen name! My Inspire has 2.3.3 on it. Did you mean to type 2.3.4?
Yes Chip!Version 2.3.4 shows up as the latest ver on my phone.I have been alittle worried about getting the dishpointer app after hearing that ver 2.3.3 (gingerbread) caused some android phones gps compass to not work anymore.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Chip, Thanks for the update. Great to hear that it works well on the Inspire.

StanleyJohn, if you own the phone already, just get the app - nothing to worry about. You have 30 day money back guarantee. If it doesn't work or you are not happy for whatever reasons, just drop me an email and you'll get your money back. Simple.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Yes Chip!Version 2.3.4 shows up as the latest ver on my phone.I have been alittle worried about getting the dishpointer app after hearing that ver 2.3.3 (gingerbread) caused some android phones gps compass to not work anymore.

I was concerned also, but not anymore. BTW, I have to do the figure 8 fix for the compass every time I use it. Not a big deal, just an inconvenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts