HTC Windows Phone 8 specs leaked for three new phones

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Man hope Sprint puts down the Gingerbread and Apple Juice and gets some real phones like some of the new Windows 8 Devices.. Nokia and Samsung will have some nice devices coming out as well..

HTC Windows Phone 8 specs leaked for three new phones | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Rio: The Rio would be considered an entry level Windows Phone featuring a 4" WVGA display, 5mp camera with 720p video capture, 512mb on board memory, 14.4Mbps HSPA and a Qualcomm MSM8227 processor.

Accord: Stepping up from the Rio will be the Accord that features a 4.3" 720p Super LCD 2 screen, an 8mp camera with 1080p video capture, NFC support, 1gb of RAM, dual-core processor and 42Mbps HSPA+.

Zenith: The Zenith will be the upper end model featuring a 4.7" 720p Super LCD 2 screen, 8mp camera with 1080p video capture, 42Mbps HSPA+, and a quad-core Qualcomm processor.

All three Windows Phone 8 devices are slated to ship this year with the Rio and Accord scheduled tentatively for October and the Zenith later in the fourth quarter (in time for Christmas?). Granted all these projections are dependent on how smoothly and timely Microsoft has Windows Phone 8 ready and all the carrier involvement that we have grown to love.

Last edited:
Rio: The Rio would be considered an entry level Windows Phone featuring a 4" WVGA display, 5mp camera with 720p video capture, 512mb on board memory, 14.4Mbps HSPA and a Qualcomm MSM8227 processor.

Accord: Stepping up from the Rio will be the Accord that features a 4.3" 720p Super LCD 2 screen, an 8mp camera with 1080p video capture, NFC support, 1gb of RAM, dual-core processor and 42Mbps HSPA+.

Zenith: The Zenith will be the upper end model featuring a 4.7" 720p Super LCD 2 screen, 8mp camera with 1080p video capture, 42Mbps HSPA+, and a quad-core Qualcomm processor.

Looks like T-Mobile is getting a couple of devices. I am honestly not impressed with the specs as there are already phones on the market today with these specs or greater.

Looks like T-Mobile is getting a couple of devices. I am honestly not impressed with the specs as there are already phones on the market today with these specs or greater.

These are just a few there will be more from HTC,Nokia,Samsung so forth so right now it's way to early to say what will be out there but in the end they will have some of the best hardware you can buy..

What is it about cell phones that inspires such devotion?

I'm just wondering why the fanboyism. I've used Android, ios and older revs of windows. they all have their advantage and weaknesses.

iPhone has its excellent integration, Android it's awesome flexibility and huge development community.

windows is in turmoil and I'm not sure that they will be able to crack into the market. it's going to be slow going and they have to overcome the huge market shares that Android and ios enjoy.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I am too.

Having said that we see the same thing about all things Apple. One frequent poster whose opinions I value indicated he cried with joy as he listened to the WWDC announcements and has said the next iphone may be the last for awhile because it is too close to perfect now. We also saw it on BOTH sides of the HD DVD BluRay wars so it is not unheard of but I wonder if the fanboys know it turns others off more than it sells them on the products they are so in love with.

I'm just wondering why the fanboyism. I've used Android, ios and older revs of windows. they all have their advantage and weaknesses.

iPhone has its excellent integration, Android it's awesome flexibility and huge development community.

windows is in turmoil and I'm not sure that they will be able to crack into the market. it's going to be slow going and they have to overcome the huge market shares that Android and ios enjoy.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I think it is a factor that no one want to be wrong on an expensive commitment. Most are stuck with the phone they pick for 2 years and they want to feel good that they made the right decision. So, they become a fan to try to convince others (or perhaps themselves internally) to make the same decision and they are not wrong.

I think it is a factor that no one want to be wrong on an expensive commitment. Most are stuck with the phone they pick for 2 years and they want to feel good that they made the right decision. So, they become a fan to try to convince others (or perhaps themselves internally) to make the same decision and they are not wrong.

I guess I get that. but do people REALLY think that whatt hey post on message boards will have an impact on hardware/format/standard wars? I don't see how but some seem to.

I guess I get that. but do people REALLY think that whatt hey post on message boards will have an impact on hardware/format/standard wars? I don't see how but some seem to.

There is some effect. Companies do pay attention to web sentiment. It may not be a direct effect, but it does affect them some.

They are trying to sway the market not companies. reposting reviews will not sway companies.

I think it is a factor that no one want to be wrong on an expensive commitment.
I believe that 100% and have seen it plenty of times. My favorite example, albeit it many years ago, was when the low-cost but quality DVD players hit the market. Everyone raved over their Faroudja-chipset based units in Oppo or Denon (?) models costing $1000 and then along came the Chinese models that probably cloned the Faroudja chipset and equaled or bettered the picture quality. Reviews from reputable sources confirmed this but the uproar was laughable. It was nothing more than having to justify paying $1000 vs $100 and getting the same thing.

You also see it with stupid-expensive cables. Doesn't matter if it's audio cable, video cables, etc. People will insist (believe) they can hear or see an improvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)