Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
It always is a challenge when upgrading the PC to get the HTPC setup the way I want. I recently built a new computer and needed to change the DVBS2 tuner from a PCI to USB or PCIe since the new motherboard doesn't do PCI. I have been using a TeVii S464 PCI tuner. I was ok with it's performance and it functioned the way it should. New computer, so I thought I would try the TeVii USB S662. Whoa! that was a poor choice. The tuner in that one is a joke. Other than that it was just like the PCI tuner. Well it wouldn't be easy but I can stick a PCIe unit in there. They all use the same driver and should be a snap software wise. Well I get a S471 PCIe. HMMM, TeVii doesn't list a S471, just an S472. Well stick it in there and fire it up. Looks good. :) good performance, and then I see the bug. It doesn't power down the LNB when you stop using it. In fact it's hot anytime the PC is on. That messes up my dish sharing setup among three receivers. Always something in this hobby. And quite often a "Domino Effect". You can't just change one thing, you end up going thru the whole setup.

The software that comes with the TeVii is a stripped down version of MyTheatre. I use the full version MyTheatre because of the ease of use and the seamless integration of the ATSC tuner.

Reactions: fred555
Magic can you send PM with exact details of the bug. I will email it to the engineer at tevii.

The one problem I've had with my S660 is that it sometimes loses the ability to lock DVB-S2 signals. This often happens if I lock multiple DVB-S signals before going back to a DVB-S2 signal. Unplugging/replugging the receiver fixes it.

- Trip

The S662 is no good at DVBS2 either. Doesn't matter how strong the signal. It wouldn't tune the Luken Mux on 87W or the PBS feeds on 125W. It could do OETA or Montana PBS no problem though. Made me think I had other issues for a bit. But I narrowed it down to just a crummy receiver. :(

Persistence pays off :) I discovered that there is a PCI to PCIe adapter. And it actually works well for me :) I'm back to using my TeVii S464 PCI card in a PCIe slot. And it works the way I want it to ;) Shuts off LNB power when you stop using it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)