HTS wiring and other woes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scopx

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Hello to all:
I am not a newby a C-band, but have forgotten a lot of lingo, not familiar with product changes, and have been out of it for a while.

1st- Have forgotten where to go to find directions to determine if my 10' mesh dish is "square." (The 2& 1/2 ton pickup I was moving got loose from the tractor and followed the laws of gravity down the slope. The dish was mounted high enough and almost pointed straight up and when pickup passed under it, only the windshield and cab portion "flexed" dish.) It appears to have gone back to position prior, but that would be too much to hope for(I'm not that lucky).

2nd- Houston tracker 10 power supply wiring- anyone know where to go to find the schematics. It is the 2nd time and will try to fix myself. Understand the unit similar to echostar. Do live in area that seems to attract lots of lightning or electrical surges as power supplies on both IRD and computer have failed.

3rd-There are a lot of changes and new products out there and am not familiar with all. My usage would be the apartment over the barn where I escape from the SO.

Based on the assumption the dish is ok, expect the c-band LNB to be damaged also which brings about the next question: what is acceptable noise level nowdays without getting too deep in the wallet? I am REALLY in the woods and southern view is about from sats 101* >G6 on the western side.
I am so "deep" in the woods can only get dial up and in process of installing a 1-way download internet system on 3' solid primestar dish into a pc skystar2. But as of date, have not found sat ISP that will talk with me about sat modems. Most want contract up front, the hell with fact you may not be able to hit the sat.
I do prefer to install myself, make all mistakes possible, then finally get things to work. Also like to prowl round up there to see whats coming down on off channels. Once got an embalming class on a corpse! Was rather interesting. Also, picked up "raw" feed from middle east crisis in 1990 of soldiers on ground.
Any input, direction would be greatly appreciated.
Tom

Thanks for all of the help.

Thanks for all of the input and help afforded here.
Tom

most people use the string method . line strings up at the half and half or you can string each section ( that would take 6 or 8 strings and give a closer look to the shape) the strings should touch in the middle , if not then the dish is off and will need adjustment.

about the power supply, unless you have a good back ground for fixing them, most people would just get a new one or a used one. they are heavy but usually go on ebay for a bit more than shipping unless you get the higher end units like the 4dtv

price for lnb's and or lnbf's can be what you want . i know the BSC621 c & KU LNBF goes for about $50. i've seen corotors go for about $150 with lnb's

Thanks for the reply Gabshere. Guess I will abandon the HTS as think they out of business. And will review this site for best receiver to buy for viewing. In review of the difficulty tuning C and KU combo LNBs, might setup separate dishes for each.

Again, Thanks
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)