Huge andrews dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The harsh reality is that most companies will not allow an individual without a type of contractor license and more importantly insurance / bonding onto their roof, let alone an individual roping items over the edge. Most locations would likely require an experienced team with coverage for damage and injury.

Often the least expensive route is to hire a boom to lift the dish and mount to the ground (or onto a flatbed and dissasemble off of the company premises). I have arranged installation and removal of satellite gear on many multiple story buildings. Each is unique in the requirements, except for the universal "don't damage my roof and may we have a copy of your insurance binder/bonding).

Since it's an airport they have a contract with whoever maintains the dish. The airport authority (management) would likely have them remove the antenna if no longer required. There are regulations involving Transport Canada (similar to US FAA) as to who can access this equipment and access will be limited due to security. Asking if the dish is no longer used and if you can have it can cause you no harm, they might even have it removed for you at no cost... (we can hope). Worst thing they can say is no. Worst thing you can do is not ask. :)

Since it's an airport they have a contract with whoever maintains the dish. The airport authority (management) would likely have them remove the antenna if no longer required. There are regulations involving Transport Canada (similar to US FAA) as to who can access this equipment and access will be limited due to security. Asking if the dish is no longer used and if you can have it can cause you no harm, they might even have it removed for you at no cost... (we can hope). Worst thing they can say is no. Worst thing you can do is not ask. :)
This building is off the airport terminal and can be accessed by public. This facility is leased and maintained by NAV Canada which is a private company that has been contracted by all Canadian airports to provide. Anyways I am not as advanced to take over this project so i will just stick with a more newbie friendly 10 footer i have stored in my garage. On a side note while driving in city today I noticed a 9-10ft spun aluminum dish on a residential property. I have heard nothing but good things about spun aluminum dishes so when i get a chance i will drive over ask the owner if they are looking to get rid of the dish :)

Reactions: primestar31
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)