Hughes 10-250 vs Dish 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RickB

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
San Francisco
I just sent back a 921 which had only zoom not partial zoom which had distortion. Also it was noisy with the hard drive and fan going in the bedroom.

Is the 10-250 a better unit with tivo? I have a 811 which has a darker background than the 921 but it has better resolution and has partial zoom for sd programs.

I am getting exhausted with DISH. Any feedback welcome.

Well if you're interested in being able to change the aspect ratio then you probably won't like the HR10-250, you can't do anything to HD signals. The guide is slowed then E* receivers, which some folks can't handle. The thing going for it is that it has two OTA ATSC tuners and it works. I've had mine since 5/2004 and it hasn't failed to record a show yet and I've not had to do a reboot to fix a problem.

Thanks for the feedback RAD, I guess I will live with the 811 and it's darker background. When I put the aspect in normal it fills the screen with perfect hd without distortion. Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)