Hughes Announces Emergency Communications Service Offerings in Preparation for 2006 H

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
http://www.hns.com/HUGHES/Doc/0/BRK...mmunication_services_for_hurricane_season.htm

Germantown, Md., June 6, 2006—In anticipation of the upcoming hurricane season, Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HUGHES), announced today that it is making available emergency communications offerings during this hurricane season, designed for rapid service restoral. The U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is predicting a very active 2006 North Atlantic hurricane season (June 1 – Nov. 30) and is urging people in hurricane prone areas to make preparations. NOAA’s outlook indicates an 80% chance of an above-normal hurricane season.

In an announcement made May 22, 2006 for the National Hurricane Preparedness Week (May 21 – 27), NOAA stated that a “very active hurricane season is looming.” NOAA is predicting 13 to 16 named storms, with eight to 10 becoming hurricanes, of which four to six could become ‘major’ hurricanes of Category 3 strength or higher.

In light of these predications and the experience gained from the 2005 hurricane season, Hughes has developed a range of emergency communications offerings under its HughesNet™ suite of services, for enterprises, government agencies and relief organizations:

* Access Continuity Service: a private satellite network with pre-installed terminals that automatically switch-over in the event of primary path failure;
* Emergency Network Restoral: a pre-established private network with satellite terminals deployed rapidly following an incident; and
* Emergency Business Internet: expedited installation of satellite terminals providing broadband Internet access to affected locations.

Satellite communications played a crucial role in the aftermath of the devastation of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita last year. Hughes and its team of value-added resellers worked closely with organizations in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida to deploy emergency HughesNet satellite services and related equipment to reconnect people with their families, find medical care, and obtain relief services.

“For over twenty years, satellite networks have provided vital day-to-day communications for businesses and government agencies around the world. And as we saw with the hurricanes of 2005, satellite technology is robust and can be deployed quickly when disaster strikes,” said Pradman Kaul, chairman and CEO of Hughes. “Satellite communications provides a viable alternative infrastructure when terrestrial networks are severely damaged. We are poised to respond when and where needed during the 2006 hurricane season.”

Large and small businesses, government agencies, and rescue and relief organizations can access the HughesNet Website at www.hughesnet.com to obtain detailed information. In addition, these services are available to government agencies on the Hughes GSA Schedule #GS-35F-0907P.

:) this is another advantage of hn has over wb. wb is a locally connected spotbeam. if you have a local disaster then your out of luck. hn is not spotbeam so you can move it around. and your not locally connected there in another area of the country not connected to your local problem. and with more than one noc if one goes down then the other takes over but if wb goes down that beam goes down completely. areas outside your area beam will not be affected though. doesn't do you any good. i have hn with vonage and dishnetwork in my rv so no matter what disaster happens i have internet/phone/tv via sat im in so calif something very bad would have to happen to take out ca/co/and md all at the same time. i spend $200/mo for a completely portable and reliable high speed internet/platinum dishnetwork/and unlimited vonage system. that takes me 30 seconds to set up when i move the rv to a new location. dishnetwork has never ever failed me not even a hiccup same with vonage but hn does slow down and very rarely cuts out completely. maybe once a month for a few minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts