Hughes HDVR2 tuners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

d1940u

Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
ohio
I got a Hughes HDVR2 receiver used. The person I got it from said tuner two did not work. He had a 5 lnb dish with built in switched. I have a 3 lnb oval dish and no switch. When I installed the receiver I had 90% signal on tuner 1 and no signal on tuner 2.

Is this enough information for you to help me.

What switch do I need for this receiver.

Is it possible that adding a switch both tuner will work.

When the system setup is done, is tuner 1 always tuner 1 or can the system rename a tuner?

easiest way to tell is run a short coax from tuner2 and test for 13v and 18v switching with a multimeter. Negative on the fitting an positive on the "stinger"

Thanks for the testing information. If the voltage tests go ok what switch would I need.

The 3 LNB Phase 3 dish has a 4way multiswitch built in. When you set it up you can choose single cable in or dual cable in, if tuner 2 is bad just set it up as single cable. It will work as a single tuner DVR you won't be able to record 1 channel and watch another but seeing it was free you can still use it. You knew when it was given to you that it had problems.

Here is what the manual says. If you use a 2 or 3 satellite dish, your recorder will not work unless you have connected a multiswitch with at least four inputs and two outputs,

I have never used a switch with my R15 recorder. I assume the manual to be correct, maybe not. Are you saying a switch is not required.

The manual does not say a name of switch or what it is. I have not had a Hughes recorder before and dumb as a rock.

The thing that has me puzzled is that he said tuner 1 would not work and therefore the receiver would not work. I hooked it up and it seemed to function OK except it said tuner 2 had no signal. Any of you know why the receiver says tuner 1 no signal and then next time changes to tuner 2 no signal. I changed inputs and it still said tuner 2 no signal. Wife does not want me messing with TV now so I haven't tried the voltage test. One question on the test. What do I change on the receiver to get it to change from one voltage to the another.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)