HUGHES RECEIVERS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bubbagscotch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
CALIFORNIA
I was given a few SD HBH and GAEBOA hughes receivers. Are these worth anything or are they good receivers? Anyone have an opinion about these receivers that were given to me?

Might get use out of them in lesser used rooms or the garage .....
They are all Mpeg 2 recvrs, so the amount of programming may be limited.

They will cost you $20 per card to use them.

I love their guides and menus. SD receivers only so picture quality maybe limited on HDTV sets but will be just as good as a D12.

As has been pointed out they are getting old but probably will work great.

They are all Mpeg 2 recvrs, so the amount of programming may be limited.

Other than HD prog, what SD prog would they NOT get??? They were one of the last gen of SD receivers before all the D* branded units came out; they are all multisat capable (work even on the 72.5 & 95 birds) & have APG.
The only SD prog they won't get, obviously, is any local markets ONLY in MPEG4, but other SD local markets still work just fine.

FWIW, I still have & use an HAH one, primarily for the music channels; they still have the best prog guide ever made.

OP - if you don't want them, throw 'em up on flea-bay...

May have issues with channel range 700, NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA packages. Not sure what receivers, but many old SD receivers have issues with the current guide info being too much so they removed the 700s from them.

I didn't think Directv activated the older satellite receivers anymore, at least that is what they said the last time I called in and asked.

May have issues with channel range 700, NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA packages. Not sure what receivers, but many old SD receivers have issues with the current guide info being too much so they removed the 700s from them.

ONLY if the receivers do not have an APG - both of models the OP mentioned do...

They won't unless you already have an open account.

Very true

SO.......

Other than HD prog, what SD prog would they NOT get??? They were one of the last gen of SD receivers before all the D* branded units came out; they are all multisat capable (work even on the 72.5 & 95 birds) & have APG.
The only SD prog they won't get, obviously, is any local markets ONLY in MPEG4, but other SD local markets still work just fine.

FWIW, I still have & use an HAH one, primarily for the music channels; they still have the best prog guide ever made.

OP - if you don't want them, throw 'em up on flea-bay...

So these receivers have a better guide and quicker features than the standard definition receivers they offer now (i.e. D10,D11, and D12's)?

IMHO (& many others), yes! My HAH actually holds as many days guide data as the DVR's. (approx 12 days) The current D series only holds up to 3 days.
They do NOT offer any of the interactive features, but I could care less about that, compared to the better designed guide...

NO WONDER

IMHO (& many others), yes! My HAH actually holds as many days guide data as the DVR's. (approx 12 days) The current D series only holds up to 3 days.
They do NOT offer any of the interactive features, but I could care less about that, compared to the better designed guide...

Well Directv needs to step up it's own game and start improving receivers. Now that you've mentioned that then I'm going to have to put those receivers to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)