Hughes reception problem in Florida

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sunblock90

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
My signal strength in Florida went from 86 to 54 since last month. I called Hughes customer service and asked about changes in satellites. Customer Service reps claim that there have been no changes. I have replaced, my 7000 modem, LNB, cables, reformatted my computer, and even changed the plastic dish. Still strength of 54. My neighbor upgraded to the 1.1 meter dish and a larger LNB and said he was switched to sat IA8 with signal strangth of 90 but regular outages. What other sats does hughes have that I can get on? I heard that Satmex is good. In July, I was getting consistent downloads of 1000kbps and upload speeds of 200kbps; which is as advertised for my package. Elsewhere in this forum there is talk of G16 sat replacing G4R. Any suggestions or similar experiences? I don't think hughes is telling me the real story.

Last edited:
Signal Loss

sunblock90 said:
My signal strength in Florida went from 86 to 54 since last month
I am hearing this complaint from customers pointed to 99W. What is your current satellite?

99W or G4R, I think. (now G16?) It appears to be that the spot or coverage for this new sat differs from G4R, as we are on the "fringe" in Florida. Which sat should I go to? Is IA8 my best bet for the DW7000? If so, which transponder and how do I find it? My neighbor says 5deg down, and 5deg left for our location.

Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts