Hughesnet/Direcway Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

k1wy-bill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2007
W.Hartford CT
I have a couple of Hughesnet/Direcway .78M dishes. Anyone played with these for multi-lnb/multi-satellite reception. Any ideas would be welcomed.:)

Directway & DirecPC are pretty much one in the same

Their dishes are like Primestars (heavy as a bugger) but work really well. They are usually odd sizes too like 39x23

What is the height and width?

39 " by 24 "

Attachments

• 4677_1.jpg
    4677_1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 255
Adding Lnbs

The DirecPC/Direcway/Hughesnet .74 cm dish was designed to add LNBs for other sats.

Go to the link below and download the pdf for "Bird on a Wire - Universal Satellite Television Kit Info" and you will see the complete kit for adding LNBs. It is a simple device that could be built by any hobbyist that has a few tools and a Lowes or Home Depot nearby.

Downloads

El Chucko

You can use the LNB that come with that Dish for FTA

I have almost the same dish just slightly smaller - - - I LOVE my dish and really get great signal from G10R with this dish. I got mine for free from my brother and mounted to my chimney. If you have any doubts I would try it - - - but be warned you could get easily hooked on FTA and SatelliteGuys.

Last edited:
I've got a Hughesnet, and have been told in the forums here, that I can use the Hughesnet LNB.

It show 11.750 - 12. ghz on the lnb. I've removed the radio module, and tube that connects to the LNB. Anything else I need to use this for FTA? There's an opening now through the LNB where
the transmit arm attached...

I've got a Hughesnet, and have been told in the forums here, that I can use the Hughesnet LNB.

It show 11.750 - 12. ghz on the lnb. I've removed the radio module, and tube that connects to the LNB. Anything else I need to use this for FTA? There's an opening now through the LNB where
the transmit arm attached...

I would close up the hole with heavy tape or a piece of plastic and let 'er rip.

Is your 10' Channel Master mesh or fiberglass?

I would close up the hole with heavy tape or a piece of plastic and let 'er rip.

It's mesh.. Saw it in someones back yard on my commute home from
work, stopped, and said I could have it..

I've got a Noaaport data feed on it, with the DMS421. It's got quite a few
hail dents, (north texas). But it's working great.

I'd like to get try my hand at a KU bird, but don't have anything
gear for signal location other than my coolsat 6000. I bought it to site
in AMC4-C for the noaaport feed, which worked well.

good use for DirecWay dish?

Here's picture of the white DirecWay dish 'n parts.
It was kindly supplied by one of our esteemed members.

By knowing the width, then measuring the picture, I get a focal length somewhere in the 700mm plus, range.
That would be quite suitable for 2° spacing on satellites 123° & 125°.
Now, as to whether the dish is big enough to get sufficient signal for both, that's an unknown.
See page 4 & 5 of this thread for LNB spacing info on various focal length dishes.

More reference material: WescoPC thread - http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/151258-building-1-2-meter-dish-2-spacing.html

Attachments

• DirecWay39x23-0044.JPG
    DirecWay39x23-0044.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 233
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)