HughesNet dish for Dish Network?

I helped a guy put a Chevy V8 in a '55 Ford PIckup one time. Sounds like about the same size project.
I helped a guy put a Chevy 350 in a Manza Spyder once.... that was fun

As far as using the larger Dish, if you could modify the feed arm to the correct length to maximize the signal from all the Sats, you would possibly get less rain fade, but signal strength would probably be the same, so getting 79 on 119, Transponder 21 would probably be same on either Dish

Reactions: charlesrshell
I know that I can get the proper lnb on eBay for 30 bucks just wonder if I can bolt it up to a DirecTV dish
No, you can't. You'd need a way to adapt the LNB Bracket, for one thing so you could even mount the LNB and modify the feed arm to get the maximum signal coming from the Satellites that Dish Uses.

I know it sounds crazy, but the shape and size of each dish that each service uses is actually by design and precise, for a reason.

Technically it would probably be possible. You would have to find the exact focal point and mount multiple LNB's on a fabricated feed arm in just the right places. After all that you might be able to get the same numbers as with a regular dish if you got lucky.

I remember a long time ago I got a DirecTV 101 signal using a garbage can lid to prove the point. :D

I did the Hughes dish thing years back. Ugly, but worked fine. The hardest thing at that time was finding the focal points while not having a sat signal finder back then. I was waving around the other lnb's hunting for signal focal points and then had to build an adjustable mount to locate them. Took me several days to get it going.

I'd like to thank everybody on here for the great information and input I may just break down and buy one on eBay get it over with
I would look around for a house with a dish on it it's that not being used and ask the owner if they minded if I could take it down and keep it? I mean, I don't know where you live, but they're not hard to spot

IMG_1505.JPG

I did this with a hughesnet Dish about 15 years ago.

Not sure if it works

Took 2 cans of Krylon Fusion paint, a custom Logo and a Twin Dishpro LNB

You got to admit the logo I put on it looks awesome.

But here is a true story. Before Dish released the “super Dish” for 105 and 129, they had made these prototype dishes out of hughesnet dishes.

I copied the dish exactly like dish had done.

I posted a few pics of this online and I got a call from Dish corporate asking how I stole a superdish from team summit. View attachment 136621View attachment 136622View attachment 136623View attachment 136624

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts