HughesNet/DishNet help?

DishDude83

Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Western NC Foothills
ok i just done my first hughesnet gen4 jupiter install.i got the dish ready to peak and i used a tom tom to get my latitude/longitude coordinates and they are 35.86641 and -81.56994.once i hooked up the modem and hooked my laptop up i went to the 192.168.0.1 hscc portal.i get to the part were i'm supposed to enter my coordinates and when i enter them its tells me longitude degrees are wrong or longitude minutes are wrong.i'm new to this and i know they have to go in a certain format.i just don't know exactly how to put them in.can anyone give me some helpful information.thx to all :)

ok i just done my first hughesnet gen4 jupiter install.i got the dish ready to peak and i used a tom tom to get my latitude/longitude coordinates and they are 35.86641 and -81.56994.once i hooked up the modem and hooked my laptop up i went to the 192.168.0.1 hscc portal.i get to the part were i'm supposed to enter my coordinates and when i enter them its tells me longitude degrees are wrong or longitude minutes are wrong.i'm new to this and i know they have to go in a certain format.i just don't know exactly how to put them in.can anyone give me some helpful information.thx to all :)

Try 35.86.641/081.56.994

Your az is going to be 224, ele 40 & tilt is 30. Give or take a tad, but you should be able to find signal with those settings.

Also after you put in accurate gps coordinates the modem will tell you also.

No problem, glad to help. Keep in mind when you do get to the part where it tells you your dish settings to pay particular attention to whether or not it says "RH" or "LH". All radios I've handled ship "RH", our beam is "LH". That requires removing & rotating the lnb/eye 180 degrees to the appropriate marks.

No problem, glad to help. Keep in mind when you do get to the part where it tells you your dish settings to pay particular attention to whether or not it says "RH" or "LH". All radios I've handled ship "RH", our beam is "LH". That requires removing & rotating the lnb/eye 180 degrees to the appropriate marks.
doesn't anyone make a auto-adjusting that you can just switch to RH or LH?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)