Hughesnet LNBF Setttings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

savoy9020

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
I have been unable to get anything off my old Hughesnet dish and Coolsat 6000.

If I hook it up to a old DN and they circular lnbf, and can find 110, 119, and their other birds with no trouble.

What settings Single/Universal, frequency etc do I use for these old heavy as crap LNBF's.. I am using them with the Hughesnet dish they came wth... :)

savoy9020

update: Got signal on my P* dish with it's LNB from G18, only when I turned on LNB power.
I thought it had to be off, as it was skewing the signal strength. Are the settings simliar for the P* LNB and the Hughesnet? I was going to try the Hughes with these settings later tonight.

Last edited:
Single or Standard
10750 local oscillator
LNB power on
pick a satellite with a strong signal (see TheList for strong transponders and set receiver accordingly) or maybe WhiteSprings
set the LNB (or maybe the dish) skew (see TheList for aiming info)

Sounds like you know all the basics, so I'm sure you'll find something with ease.

Hughes net

Anole, thanks for the hints.. I hit 11805 H (from Ice's strong list) on the P*,
so with power applied, and that freq, I should be golden on the Hughes..

Thanks for the reply.

Single or Standard
10750 local oscillator
LNB power on
pick a satellite with a strong signal (see TheList for strong transponders and set receiver accordingly) or maybe WhiteSprings
set the LNB (or maybe the dish) skew (see TheList for aiming info)

Sounds like you know all the basics, so I'm sure you'll find something with ease.

If you are meaning those satellite internet dishes, you can take off that transmitter from the lnb arm, lose a lot of that extra weight. I had one of the white ones, removed all that extra stuff and it lost 10lbs I think lol. Just tape up the hole from the waveguide from the transmitter with some black tape or glue a piece of plastic cut to fit the hole, silicone around it to keep it dry.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)