SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Goose Creek, SC
From an email I just received:
UPDATE -- Football Fans Get in the Game With DISH Network
DISH Customers Get Football 24/7 for as Low as $29.99/Month
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Aug 15, 2007 (PrimeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) --
This NFL season, football fanatics everywhere are expecting more coverage and quality from their TV provider ... and EchoStar's (Nasdaq:DISH) DISH Network(r) is giving it to them -- football 24/7, including exclusive games on NFL Network. Dedicated fans won't miss any of the action on the field with DISH Network's total value football package, starting at only $29.99, including HD.
"DISH Network has the best sports and movies in HD, providing fans with an unparalleled viewing experience, always at a great price," [emphasis added] said Jessica Insalaco, senior vice president and Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. "Our subscribers receive comprehensive football coverage seven days a week for less than $30 per month, which includes more than 100 channels and free DishHD programming for six months. Plus, new customers get a free upgrade to our industry-leading and award-winning HD DVR receivers, and can get instant replays anytime they want via DISH Network's 10-second skip back function."
DISH Network customers will enjoy NFL Network's exciting lineup including exclusive coverage of eight regular season games airing on Thursday and Saturday nights returning this Thanksgiving, 52 preseason games including a record 34 games in HD, director's cut game replays, plus past Super Bowl and other Classic NFL games.
Fans who can't make it to the games won't miss a thing with DISH Network's industry-leading HD lineup, and with its unparalleled picture clarity, football buffs will feel like they're watching from the sidelines. The leader in high definition, DISH Network offers 38 national HD channels including NFL Network HD, ESPN HD, and HD local channels in more than 50 percent of U.S. households.
Loyal football fans can show their true colors this season by customizing their satellite dish with an item from DISH Network's exclusive line of DishSkinz. DishSkinz are colorful, durable satellite dish covers that come in dozens of designs, including all 32 NFL team logos, and are available through a local DISH Network retailer.
To celebrate the start of the 2007 NFL season, DISH Network has teamed up with New Orleans Saints' premier running back and DISH Network fan Reggie Bush, who is featured throughout the brand's television, radio, print and online advertising, championing the rallying cry "Get Football 24/7." The multimedia campaign launched today to give fans the heads up on DISH Network's football offerings before the start of the regular season.
"Reggie Bush is one of the most recognized players in the NFL, exemplifying passion and a winning spirit, which aligns well with the DISH Network brand and our commitment to providing great sports programming," said Insalaco. "This is a great opportunity for us to join together to promote DISH Network's complete coverage of NFL games to his fans and football fans everywhere who want the best football coverage in their regular programming packages."
For more information or to subscribe to DISH Network, visit DISH Network -- Home, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) or visit a local DISH Network retailer.
About EchoStar Communications Corporation
EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) has been a leader for more than 26 years in satellite TV equipment sales and support worldwide. The Company's DISH Network(tm) is the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in the country since 2000 and currently serves more than 13.585 million satellite TV customers. DISH Network offers a premier line of industry-leading Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) and hundreds of video and audio channels as well as the most national HD and International channels in the U.S., Interactive TV, Latino and sports programming. DISH Network also provides a variety of package and price options including the lowest all-digital price in America and the DishDVR Advantage Package. EchoStar is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 300 company. Visit EchoStar Communications Corporation or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for more information.
The EchoStar logo is available at PrimeNewswire, Inc.
This news release was distributed by PrimeNewswire, PrimeNewswire, Inc.
SOURCE: EchoStar
EchoStar Communications Corporation
Francie Bauer
720-514-5351
press@echostar.com

I guess the PR department is working overtime over at E*... :D

It's all good, it's advertising. No complaints from my end, good luck to them. If this were the other way around though, the other side would be screaming FALSE ADVERTISING!!! LOL

Reggie in the new commercials has taken over for Tiki, E* = NFL, yup, okay.

My main point was that they are claiming the best sports experience. How many RSN's do they have? and the best cost..? That one just screams WTF!!! E=$20/month for HD vs. D=$10/month...

Now where did I put my government spending calculator that shows the savings here? :D

They did this last year. It basically tries to fool people into thinking it's Sunday Ticket. And believe me it works cause I knew of 2 friends who thought they were putting me to shame for only paying $30 a month for "24x7" NFL. Yea, they were just a little pissed that it wasn't what they thought it was. :) Especially after I tell them I only pay $20 a month for Sunday Ticket. ;)

its no secret that dish network has nfl network in hd and some of the rsn's are now in hd. beyond that everything is pure fiction.

Yep, we will be the bigger side, it is the exact same thing ALL providers do (SPIN) so just let it go and not cry or threaten silly lawsuits like all the others do, BUT we will all be laughing out loud when our DISH buddies are sitting at OUR homes watching the NFL ST. LOL!

Where's that "Football 24/7"?

OUCH!

I consider myself an average viewer, although sports is not my number one priority. Considering the variety of sports programming currently on E* and OTA, I am more than satisfied. Even if E* had all the other expensive sports packages, I wouldn't pay extra for them. So the statement "DISH Network has the best sports and movies in HD, providing fans with an unparalleled viewing experience, always at a great price," works for me right now. And, before I'm accused, I am NOT an E* fanboy :)

I consider myself an average viewer, although sports is not my number one priority. Considering the variety of sports programming currently on E* and OTA, I am more than satisfied. Even if E* had all the other expensive sports packages, I wouldn't pay extra for them. So the statement "DISH Network has the best sports and movies in HD, providing fans with an unparalleled viewing experience, always at a great price," works for me right now. And, before I'm accused, I am NOT an E* fanboy :)

And as all the non-crazies on this board say: That's fine. If you are happy, then were are happy for you. :) But if you ever decide to "join the dark side", we will embrace you with open arms... :p

You stated the difference in your post when you said you are an avarage sports fan...
Most of us here are NFL and College football fans, we NEED our sports, therefore the D* package we have is what does it for us... I doubt any of us could get by with the offering that DISH offers as far as football goes.

DISH has the NFL Network, but thats it.....

Jimbo

And as all the non-crazies on this board say: That's fine. If you are happy, then were are happy for you. :) But if you ever decide to "join the dark side", we will embrace you with open arms... :p

Honest to God, I always thought that the other side was "The Dark Side"! I may need a whole wardrobe change! Will someone please clarify who the good guys and who the bad guys are!

What a con job! Who buys into going to E* for 24X7 football coverage for $30 a month? The only channels being listed are NFL Network (which is where they get their "24X7 Football coverage") and EPSN & ESPN2. Throw in the HD and and RSN package and that is what costs $30 a month.

These are the same morons that click on the emails in their inbox that have subject lines of "I need your help..." and the message is along the lines of "I have an off shores account with $20 million dollars in it and need a place to park it for a while...".

They get taken for everything they have in either scenario! :hungry:

It should show you how pathetic E* is to carefully craft a con advertisement like that to get subscribers. In my opinion, they are the same low life scum that off shores email con rings are.

Advertising is a license to lie. :)

Sure you can watch the replays on NFL Network, but what fun is that.

I like seeing the games LIVE. :)

Honest to God, I always thought that the other side was "The Dark Side"! I may need a whole wardrobe change! Will someone please clarify who the good guys and who the bad guys are!

Well when I was an E* subscriber for over 4 years I thought that D* was the
"dark side".Now I subscribe to D* I can't help but thinking"Wow! If D* is the"dark side" I sure like it!.;)

Sure you are, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I have never had a "problem" with their advertising. What I don't understand is where are all the E* guys that go absolutely nuts over D*s HD ads now. I don't here anyone over there yelling false advertising, and damn, this ad campaign though brilliant is as blatant as it can get. It is totally there to dupe the customer.

I have never had a "problem" with their advertising. What I don't understand is where are all the E* guys that go absolutely nuts over D*s HD ads now. I don't here anyone over there yelling false advertising, and damn, this ad campaign though brilliant is as blatant as it can get. It is totally there to dupe the customer.

Hey man - you know the answer to that yourself. It's only wrong if the OTHER guys do it.

And just how do you see all of those games live? On 8 tiny windows on one screen that Super fan gives you? Hell you can only record 2 of them at a time anyway with a DVR. I think if NFL Network reruns the games then paying for Sunday ticket becomes foolish.

And just how do you see all of those games live? On 8 tiny windows on one screen that Super fan gives you? Hell you can only record 2 of them at a time anyway with a DVR. I think if NFL Network reruns the games then paying for Sunday ticket becomes foolish.

Yeah on 8 tiny windows. I have no problem keeping up with most of the action on the games I have interest in.

Watching replays? lol - you got to be kidding.

OH MY GOD!!!
V, turn in your man badge immediately. Watching NFL games on replay....Dude, 90% of a game is downtime, I have no problem switching around and keeping an eye on the red zone channel. Besides, that is not the real reason behind ST. It is to get your favorite teams games that you couldn't get otherswise,oh and not see them sometime the day after, thats real excitement.lol...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)