HULU service

I don't watch any ads except the unavoidable ones at the beginning of certain shows on Hulu. I hate ads and I'm willing to pay to avoid them. Thankfully, I am still paying the same or less when I still had cable/satellite.
Same. I have 6 other ad-free services (Paramount+, HBO Max, AppleTV+, AMC+, Disney+, and Prime) and just don't have time to get my money's worth from $13/mo ad-free Hulu at present. For $1/mo., I could justify 5-6 mins of ads per hour show watching the occasional show (how many I was getting last November). But now I'm getting 9-10 mins. on some shows.

• Wow
Reactions: ncted
Disney/Hulu price increases:

I was already considering not renewing Disney+ next year. I might reconsider the Hulu/Disney bundle as well, when the time comes.
At $19.99, it is a great bargain, specially since ESPN+ includes Center Ice so I can watch the Red Wings here in Florida.

Also can pay for it with Hulu Gift Cards that I get with my CC points, so free is even better.

Also, you can sign up for it anytime and it will give you credit for your remaining months on Disney+.

I had the 3 year original deal, the website said it would give me credit, it did at $7.99 a month, gave me the monthly full price for the time left, so my charge is still $13 a month for all three until November.

At $19.99, it is a great bargain, specially since ESPN+ includes Center Ice so I can watch the Red Wings here in Florida.

Also can pay for it with Hulu Gift Cards that I get with my CC points, so free is even better.

Also, you can sign up for it anytime and it will give you credit for your remaining months on Disney+.

I had the 3 year original deal, the website said it would give me credit, it did at $7.99 a month, gave me the monthly full price for the time left, so my charge is still $13 a month for all three until November.
That will definitely be the way to go once the new pricing is in place.

You must not have a Verizon phone ?
The Disney package is discounted thru Verizon .... or free depending on which package you have.
The Verizon offer Does include Ads, but there are ways to get to the Ad Free version.

Hulu is suppose to charge me the difference between plans, but for the last few months now, I have yet to see them bill me. :)

You must not have a Verizon phone ?
The Disney package is discounted thru Verizon .... or free depending on which package you have.
The Verizon offer Does include Ads, but there are ways to get to the Ad Free version.
Why would I have a overpriced Cell Phone bill just to get Hulu free, I already get it free since I pay for it with Gift Cards that I get with my Credit Card points.

By the way, I use TracFone for my Cell Service, I get a new phone every year, just purchased a Moto G Stylus 5G with 1500 min, 1500 texts and 15gb data, cost was $199, so roughly $16 a month.

Do not need more then 1500 minutes, I am a retired 55 year old male, not a teenage girl.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jimbo and Zookster
Why would I have a overpriced Cell Phone bill just to get Hulu free, I already get it free since I pay for it with Gift Cards that I get with my Credit Card points.

By the way, I use TracFone for my Cell Service, I get a new phone every year, just purchased a Moto G Stylus 5G with 1500 min, 1500 texts and 15gb data, cost was $199, so roughly $16 a month.

Do not need more then 1500 minutes, I am a retired 55 year old male, not a teenage girl.
Same. Though I only get a new phone about every other year (I just get the one-year service card for $125 minus discount code). Also worth mentioning, the minutes/texts/data roll over, so I'm now up to 14K in all categories and ready to get my teenage girl on.

Same. Though I only get a new phone about every other year (I just get the one-year service card for $125 minus discount code). Also worth mentioning, the minutes/texts/data roll over, so I'm now up to 14K in all categories and ready to get my teenage girl on.
That was my intentions also, but I seem to keep cracking the screens on the damn things, same for my ipad pro, luckily I have Apple Care, I have had mine replaced now 3 times and I just bought it in May, 2021 (5th generation).

And yes I have cases for everything, I blame my Labs.

Reactions: Zookster

Welcome to the rest of the World ....
Most of us have a Smart Phone with an appropriate cell phone plan ....
MOST people (not me) Live on thier cell phone and Can't go anywhere without it.

That sounds like a Pre paid plan .... wouldn't want one.

As for your Hulu, I was trying to help out you and any others, but thats OK ....

You typically rip anything I say anyways, so I really could care less what you pay and the fact that you get YOUR Hulu FREE ... what does it cost you to rack up enough points to get those Free hulu gift cards ? A hell of a lot more than the few dollars I add to my bill.

I also am Retired, I don't know why that even came up, but just trying to cover all Your bases.

Have a ... day.

Reactions: Mr Tony
That was my intentions also, but I seem to keep cracking the screens on the damn things, same for my ipad pro, luckily I have Apple Care, I have had mine replaced now 3 times and I just bought it in May, 2021 (5th generation).

And yes I have cases for everything, I blame my Labs.
If you bought a real phone .... you wouldn't crack every other day.

See, I can jump on everything You post too ...

As for your Hulu, I was trying to help out you and any others, but thats OK ....

You typically rip anything I say anyways, so I really could care less what you pay and the fact that you get YOUR Hulu FREE ... what does it cost you to rack up enough points to get those Free hulu gift cards ? A hell of a lot more than the few dollars I add to my bill.

I also am Retired, I don't know why that even came up, but just trying to cover all Your bases.

Have a ... day.
If you bought a real phone .... you wouldn't crack every other day.

See, I can jump on everything You post too ...
This site is so strange sometimes, now I am getting **** for not wasting money, by the way Tracfone is owned by Verizon.

I've always used prepaid phones and never cracked a screen in my life, including when I had a full-time job I had to leave my house for every day. I'm still using my phone throughout the day, browsing the web, social media, reading ebooks, etc. No pets or kids, so I'm sure that helps. I've actually been impressed with the quality of my last couple of smart phones. I expected a junky cheap feel to them (like the very first phones I received c.2005-2010), but they've been very solid. Only the free case they give you feels cheap.

Reactions: NYDutch

Have a ... day.
I don't know what your objection is to prepaid, but I'm very satisfied with my 5G phone with unlimited talk, text, and data including hotspot for $25 a month from a Verizon company.

Reactions: djont57 and Foxbat
Yep. Prepaid here all the way. I buy iPhones from Apple, not Verizon, etc. I pay about half what my parents do for their postpaid cell service, and I save a bit on the actual phones as well after discounts on Apple Gift Cards, not that I buy phones that often. iPhones last forever aside from the battery which needs replacing every 4 years or so.

Reactions: Bobby and NYDutch
Anyone have any idea how Hulu handles password sharing within a family? My brother has Hulu with Live TV, and my parents have Spectrum Cable which they are sick of paying for. The are both on Spectrum internet and live a few miles away from each other. Could they share a Hulu account, or would Hulu view that as a violation of terms and conditions?

Anyone have any idea how Hulu handles password sharing within a family? My brother has Hulu with Live TV, and my parents have Spectrum Cable which they are sick of paying for. The are both on Spectrum internet and live a few miles away from each other. Could they share a Hulu account, or would Hulu view that as a violation of terms and conditions?
Definite violation. It is actually theft of service. It is one thing to use your account for home and a vacation home but what you are suggesting is to use a $70 a month account in 2 separate households.

Definite violation. It is actually theft of service. It is one thing to use your account for home and a vacation home but what you are suggesting is to use a $70 a month account in 2 separate households.
Yet it happens every day with most services.

What they may start doing is like some other companies are doing with multiple verification codes in order to get in.
Which would mean the owner of the service would get a text from them and have to click Yes on it before they would accept and give you your programming .... I can see this happening soon if its not already being done.

I know Netflix is trying to figure out how to eliminate shared passwords in other countries, but haven't found an answer yet.

I think the Live TV services check the IP more because of local channels.

In 2018, I had a Roku at work, the Michigan game was on a channel that did not have a TV Everywhere app ( forgot which one), so I authorize it for YTTV, soon as I started it up, it shut my wife off at home ( she was pissed).

But in 2020, when we moved from Michigan to Florida, we still had Detroit locals, my wife told me she wanted to go the the Florida locals, did that about a month after being here.

Based on When I had Hulu with live, what you are asking would be troublesome at best. It’s far more locked down to the IP you signed with if you are trying to view it outside of that with a streaming device.

Any time I’d take a Roku or fire stick on a trip and try to use it , it would detect me being out of my market and wouldn’t even let me use regular Hulu, much less live.

It would work on a phone or other mobile device however.

They could swap to YouTube tv and set it up as a friends or family account and share that service that way.

Thank for the responses. I didn't think it would probably work. I told them to just call Spectrum and threaten to leave for DirecTV to see if they can get a better price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts