Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Looks like Rita will hit the Texas Coast this weekend.

Not directly. We are 300 miles inland, but if it gets stronger we will get a bunch of rain.

I'm concerned about the people on the gulf though.

korsjs said:
300 miles inland will be ok.

Well, you can never really tell about that. Do you guys remember Hurricane Floyd? By the time it reached NY and NJ it wasn't even a tropical strom anymore. It didn't come up the coast either. But we got rain that day like I have never seen before. My house sits as the highest on my block and I was the only one not flooded out. I was pushing cars on the block out of water that was over my hips. My friend's daughter was swept away while trying to cross what is normally a little steam which had tuned in to a raging torrent. Thank GOD, someone saw her and was able to grab her by her long hair and get her out of the water. We lost power for four days with that storm. I'm not trying to scare you but be prepared for anything. Good Luck!

I have had several friends that live in Houston contact me about coming to DFW to stay with us. If it looks like it's going to hit the Houston area they will be coming up with wife, kids, dogs and even a horse. Lets hope it does not come to that but I got a bad feeling about this storm.

Gulf water is warm and perfect ground for creating powerful hurricanes.

Hell me wife's name is Rita. Trust me when she is pissed you better look out. :D

We got flooding rains in the late 1990's (I believe it was 1999) from some storms which dumped several inches of rain here. The water was so high that it would go over your head, and you could barely see the top of a Dodge Ram truck in my yard. The house got flooded for the first time since I lived here (or for any other time to my knowledge).

Right now, one of the NOLA evacuees in the Astrodome is thinking, "Maybe I should change my name to Job... Or, would that be too obvious?"

Attachments

• Rita-Projected-Path-20050920-0630GMT.gif
    Rita-Projected-Path-20050920-0630GMT.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 183
I heard that they are already evacuating Galveston as of right now.

From what I can see on the projected path, it will still be at tropical storm strength when it gets to us.

So it will be like having nasty severe weather here.

I'm also not looking forward to the higher fuel prices, as Dallas is already the highest in the state.

Neutron said:
From what I can see on the projected path, it will still be at tropical storm strength when it gets to us.

So it will be like having nasty severe weather here.

I'm also not looking forward to the higher fuel prices, as Dallas is already the highest in the state.

It is already be upgraded to Cat 1 today. It will only get stronger in the gulf. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Check out this link

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/150957.shtml?5day?large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts