HWS 204 Bugs

That's what I was wondering about. Taking the batteries out for a few minutes, to replace them with fresh ones, is no problem. But if the remote is without power for a longer period -- say an hour or a day, etc, -- I wonder if that erases them and makes them safe to start over again with fresh settings.
Remote control test is complete. Removed batteries approximately 1:30 PM CST Saturday and re-installed them around 3:30 AM this morning, for about 38 total hours removal time. All the settings were still there, nothing was erased. Still had the TV settings in Remote Manager and still had the Last Backup Date in System Wizard. Also, remote is still paired to my HWS. So, I would say remote controls don't ever lose its memory till it is changed.

AFAIK usually remotes hold their memory until the capacitor providing the back up power drains out. In some cases it can take a very long time. I haven't checked lately but in the past if you took the batteries out of a remote and pushed some buttons to drain the capacitors then they will lose their memory.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think I would build a small Faraday cage and put all the remotes in it until I was sure that it had to be at least one of them.
Then I would program one new one for use until the memories in the four caged ones died. If there was no problem while they were caged, I would be tempted to drop all four in the well (if I had one) and get three more new ones.

One other thought. Do you have a neighbor that hates you and is trying to drive you crazy?:coco

So so so so am getting fed up with losing timers. It seems to happen if I go into priority and change priorities of shows. Sometimes I'll go into a timer but when I change the priority it's a different timer name and then I end up losing at least one of them.

So so so so am getting fed up with losing timers. It seems to happen if I go into priority and change priorities of shows. Sometimes I'll go into a timer but when I change the priority it's a different timer name and then I end up losing at least one of them.
Same here. i have to check the list everyday and say " uh oh, so and so should be recording today and it isn't. " Plus sometimes if there is a conflict it wont record the next airing of the one skipped. That never happened with the old interface.

Seems like there's quite a few little bugs with 204. I know the H3 has been updated several times. Any word on when we will get some love?

Seems like there's quite a few little bugs with 204. I know the H3 has been updated several times. Any word on when we will get some love?
I got the U206 update overnight. I don't see anything different. However my box wouldn't come on this morning. I had to do a red button reset.

No real fixes that I can see.
RSNs still messed up in the Guide.
Black box still present exiting The Weather Channel app.
Still no PTA sharing between Hoppers.
Still no Mini Guide.

Let's hope the corrupt recording issues are gone.

I did notice the Signal test screen no longer gets hung up . So I guess something was fixed.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I removed the isolator between my Hoppers after receiving the U206 update. My Hoppers are still continuously moving recordings from Hopper to Hopper.

AFAIK usually remotes hold their memory until the capacitor providing the back up power drains out. In some cases it can take a very long time. I haven't checked lately but in the past if you took the batteries out of a remote and pushed some buttons to drain the capacitors then they will lose their memory.
Could this be a method to restore a remote control back to default settings?

You could try but I don't know if it will work on the new remotes.
OK, will run a test on a 40.0 and a 52.0. I once had a 40.0 remote that had an Auxiliary Device setting that would not go away when the remote was paired to different Hopper. One example of needing a way to restore a remote control to default settings..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts