This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HWS hard drive crashed over night.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
Man I'm pissed! All channels work but no DVR related functions will function. Can't pause or rewind live TV and all recordings/timers GONE! DAAMMMM! Was working fine as of midnight last night and this morning el'zappo! Tried everything to restore it but nothing works. Tech coming tomorrow to install Hopper 3 but which I look forward to but it really hurts losing a bunch of recording and a lot of timers. Luckily I did move my favorite stuff to an external but I can't even access that so they BETTER still be there.

That happened to both my HWSes, about a month or two apart.

I don’t recall it happening to my ViP722s, but may have. Hmmmm. Maybe it did, and that’s why I moved to the HWSes.

Happened more than once to my ViP622s.

Happened several times to my 721.

Never happened to my 508.

The 301s were rock solid!

I've never had this happen. I've had this HWS for 5 years and it's been great. Maybe that's a good run for one of these. I had 2 622s before and they never failed. I hope to be happy with the Hopper 3 I'm getting for $100.

You must not have had an early production model of the ViP622. Those had physically weak HDMI connectors.

Reactions: allargon
My HWS had a hard drive crash for at least a year before it actually died . I would unplug it and restart and good to go. When it finally did it’s final act I believe it was his heart not his brain after all that did him in . I am still using the hard drive from it as a storage drive.

Reactions: pattykay
Mine was definitely a brain malfunction. It was making a clicking sound when I plugged it in that it never made before. Then I got a hard drive error message on screen.
I did have a weak HDMI port on the 622 navychop. I settled for the component outputs instead.