HWS /Harmony/CC

eddie willers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2003
Braselton, Ga.
Just received the HWS and it works fine with the Harmony 890 remote.

I just read the post on Color Button shortcuts and saw where pressing Yellow-3 from the Live TV screen you can get to the Closed Captioning page.

Can someone remind me how I can create a one button macro on the Harmony so it will send Yellow-3 with one push?

TIA

(or better yet, has anybody got a Harmony discrete code for CC ON/OFF for the Hopper....just dreaming, of course)

Last edited:
Messed around and found it:

1. Under 'Activities', click on 'Customize Buttons' under your 'Watch TV' activity
2. On bottom of the 'Customize Buttons' pop up menu, you will see a blue button saying "Add Sequence"
3. Click on that and you are sent to a page with 3 columns of edit boxes.
4. In the first box you name you sequence. In the second column drop box you select the device you wish to send commands to. (ie. PVR)
5. In the third row there are 5 edit boxes for the (up to five) sequence(s) you desire.
6. Each of those edit boxes does a drop down of all the commands the Hopper has. I entered 'Yellow' in the first box and '3' in the second drop down box.
7. Clicked 'Done'.
8. When it went back to the regular 'Customize Buttons' page, I simply selected the button where I wanted my Closed Caption shortcut and when I went to the 'Device' column, one of the choices was now 'Sequence'. Selected that and then in the next column (Command) it gives you a choice of any sequences you made. Since I had named my sequence 'CC', there it was and I inserted it.

After updating the remote it worked great. Just a little delay (as would be expected when a remote is sending two signals). Press my new 'CC' button and then you are soon on the Hopper's CC page. Click either ON of OFF and you are good to go.

It should be noted that this only works if you're using the Harmony 7.x software on your PC. The myharmony.com site has removed the ability to add macros. I've no idea why Logitech did that. Talk about going backwards. I do remember a rumor stating Logitech is putting Harmony up for sale. And when you have a look at the Harmony Touch, you'll see that they've taken a near-perfect remote (Harmony One) and abandoned it.

Not a rumor. They planned to do it, and reversed course.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)