HWS Loses Tuner

Huh. When I replaced one with a bad HD, the replacement had three bad tuners, or something that affected all three tuners.

So I just had to replace my living room HWS due to a HD failure, now the my other one has lost a tuner!!

Not sure why your check switch is reading DPP 33. That's an unnecessary component in a Hopper install. Are you locked into Western Arc (110, 119 and 129)? Ideally a Hopper system would be running off of a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish which have a built in switch thus not requiring that component. The three lines should be running directly from dish into the duo node.

Usually dropping the 3rd tuner is a sign of cable not handling the frequency range of the signal. This is common with old coaxial cable. The 3rd tuner comes in at around 2750 Mhz. and lots of older RG6 cables are only tested to 2200 Mhz or lower … But in this case I'd make sure to get the proper 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish and eliminate the DPP33 switch before doing anything else

Not sure why your check switch is reading DPP 33. That's an unnecessary component in a Hopper install. Are you locked into Western Arc (110, 119 and 129)? Ideally a Hopper system would be running off of a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish which have a built in switch thus not requiring that component. The three lines should be running directly from dish into the duo node.

Usually dropping the 3rd tuner is a sign of cable not handling the frequency range of the signal. This is common with old coaxial cable. The 3rd tuner comes in at around 2750 Mhz. and lots of older RG6 cables are only tested to 2200 Mhz or lower … But in this case I'd make sure to get the proper 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish and eliminate the DPP33 switch before doing anything else
Yes. I am Western Arc. Due to line of site issues getting all 3 birds one 1 dish, I use two Dish 500s. 110/119 on one, 129 on the wing dish. Both using legacy LNBs. All three cables to the DP33, then on to the duo node. Anyway, new HWS has corrected the issue.

Yes. I am Western Arc. Due to line of site issues getting all 3 birds one 1 dish, I use two Dish 500s. 110/119 on one, 129 on the wing dish. Both using legacy LNBs. All three cables to the DP33, then on to the duo node. Anyway, new HWS has corrected the issue.
Legacy LNBs won't work with DPP33 how sure are you about your equipment?

Been working fine for years. Same set up since the original Hopper came out. I personally have no idea. When the Installers came out and set everything up, they told me they were going to change out the LNBs on my dishes so they could use the DP33. They mentioned over and over they were legacy. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)