Hybrid Dish Signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DBordello

Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Corvallis, OR
About two years ago I posted a thread to get my head around what was going on between the satellite in the sky, and my receivers: http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/211199-dish-premise-signals/#entry3238836

However, with the new Hybrid LNB (DPH), I think it is time to refresh that discussion.

• A premise can receive up to 4 orbital slots. For the western arc, 110, 119, 129 + Sidecar. Therefore, we are dealing with 8 500 MHz IF signals.
  • In a solo Hopper scenario, the hopper can be directly connected to the Hybrid LNB,
Up until the Hopper 3 announcement, I would have assumed the DPH was doing a triple-stack configuration.

The Hopper 3 has 16 tuners. Therefore, we have two options:
  • Up to 16 individual transponders are being transmitted by the DPH, similar to DirecTV SWM.
  • All 8 500 MHz IF signals are being transmitted by the DPH.
Seeing as most people use 3GHz cable, the later option doesn't seem feasible. Therefore, is the DPH splicing individual transponders?

(For the purpose of discussion, let's ignore MoCA for the time being. It appears the hub acts to splice MoCA in and out).

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)