Hybrid LNB Wiring Diagrams

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How come in the one picture showing the Dpp Lnb,and Duo Node it only has 2 wires from the Dish to the node?

I thought you still had to have all 3 on the Duo Node

Very weird. Why a Solo Node isn't shown in that example is beyond me.

Scott's wiring examples are nearly a clone of the one's I found at a DISH dealer's site:
http://rvseniormoments.com/2016/01/06/new-dish-hopper-3/

For truly tortured wiring diagrams, look at the ones for the 4K Joey:
https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/h3_4k_joey.pdf

Yeah , not sure.
What happends if you want Five 4K joeys? That mean you need a bunch of taps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well that Wiring Diagram for the Duo Node is incorrect. You must have all 3 lines from the LNB to the Duo Node.

So that's makes me wonder about the rest of the Diagrams.
I hope it's wrong about that Tap on room 6.
I don't see why you couldn't just use two 3 way splitters.

Well that Wiring Diagram for the Duo Node is incorrect. You must have all 3 lines from the LNB to the Duo Node.

So that's makes me wonder about the rest of the Diagrams.
I hope it's wrong about that Tap on room 6.
I don't see why you couldn't just use two 3 way splitters.

I think they show the tap like that just to let people know how to use a tap. :)

I wouldn't do it with a Tap.

I hate those taps with a passion.
But now makes me wonder if that guy saying 6 rooms max is correct.
And 7 Rooms is not supported.
I mean in all honesty who would support an odd number of rooms?
Oh wait that's right Dish !

What's wrong with Taps?

I don't care for them either however there are cases when you can't get moca without them.
I'll still pass on them.
I'll run the required wiring before throwing in a Tap.
I understand that in some cases they are needed.
But In my case they were NOT needed but yet installed because someone didn't want to run 30 feet of cable.

-40 dbs with tap to -15 imo is drastically improved.
And have not one Moca message since.
So no I'm not sold on running a Tap and then splitting the signal to 2 Joeys.

How come in the one picture showing the Dpp Lnb,and Duo Node it only has 2 wires from the Dish to the node?

I thought you still had to have all 3 on the Duo Node

That's how to use a duo node if you don't have a single node. The first line from the dish is only used for the first Hopper, the third line from the dish is only used for the second Hopper, and the second line is used for both Hoppers.

I'll still pass on them.
I'll run the required wiring before throwing in a Tap.
I understand that in some cases they are needed.
But In my case they were NOT needed but yet installed because someone didn't want to run 30 feet of cable.

-40 dbs with tap to -15 imo is drastically improved.
And have not one Moca message since.
So no I'm not sold on running a Tap and then splitting the signal to 2 Joeys.

I don't use them if they're not needed. In these donkey kong houses with long runs you appreciate having them to pull you out of a jam.

Yeah , not sure.
What happends if you want Five 4K joeys? That mean you need a bunch of taps?

You only use taps on lines going to Hoppers or Super Joeys to add a standard or 4K Joey, splitters are for multiple 4K or standard Joeys only. 4K Joeys wire up just like a regular Joey.

Reactions: Troch77
This is probably a stupid question, but I will ask to check anyway. A DPH LNBF will not work with DPP33 switches and Duo Nodes will it? Reason I ask, I have got my DPH LNBF, and was going to go ahead and point the dish if it would work, and try and use it with my four HWS units until I can activate my Hopper 3. Just thought I'd check. Will appreciate any help. Thanks

This is probably a stupid question, but I will ask to check anyway. A DPH LNBF will not work with DPP33 switches and Duo Nodes will it? Reason I ask, I have got my DPH LNBF, and was going to go ahead and point the dish if it would work, and try and use it with my four HWS units until I can activate my Hopper 3. Just thought I'd check. Will appreciate any help. Thanks

Correct, it will not work. You could run 2 of your Hoppers off the Hybrid LNB either directly or through a duo hub, but no switches will work yet with DPZ.

I got a question to the Installers here: I reinstalled my system about 9-10 years ago when I put new siding on my house. I moved the dish further up towards the roof, mounted on two parallel running pieces of galvanized 1-5/8 Unistrut which are bolted to the inside of the facia board. I back then added a wing dish @ 61.5 to my new 1000.2 input, as back then the HD channels were mirrored on 129 and 61.5.
I ran quad shield 2300MHZ RG6 and put Philips compression connectors on the ends.
If any of you were the man doing my upgrade, would you replace the connectors during install? Just asking, because I don't know if those connectors are still up to par.

My install is this afternoon. Duse ti LOS, I have a wing dish to pick up 129. Scott has already confirmed this set up can be configured to work with the H3. When i told the installer my set up, he was kind of unsure what he is going to have to do. I have the diagrams ready for when he gets here, but still have one question. From what I see the wing dish will be left as is, and the main dish will get the hybrid LNB. My question is, will the LNB fit on the current dish 500, or will he have to swap that one out to the 1000.2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts