Hybrid LNBF backward compatibility

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brussam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
Yesterday I was watching satellite in the afternoon. It was about 106 degree outside. My signal went out.

Check Switch saw no input. So I tried to re-seek the Winegard Trav'ler roof dish and go a "No LNB Voltage". "No LNB Voltage" is an indication the the seek logic board in the Trav'ler turret can't see signal from the LNBF.

If it were just the "No LNB Voltage", I would suspect the cable to the LNBF head. But the failure while watching makes the LNBF head suspect. Later after cooling off, the Trav'ler could seek and lock onto the satellites.

Since I suspect the Hybrid LNBF head and I will be selling the trailer in a month or two, just the Hybrid LNBF head us one cost or the option or returning the Trav'ler to a DPP LNBF and adding a DPH-42 is a better but more expensive.

The question is can older Hoppers (1 & 2) and VIP receivers be connected to a Hybrid LNBF Head?

All Hopper models can use the hybrid.

You signal loss woundn't have possibly been at the time there was the sever weather at the uplink causing everybody to lose (not loose) signal?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Would a Hopper 1 use the SOLO Hub?

What about VIP receivers like the VIP 722 that want two coax inputs?

No weather loss as I put the ground tripod up and it was fine.

You might not have this problem, but something to check for:

In the past, I have had LNB drift occur due to heat. It was summertime and during the day when the heat went into the nineties, I would get LNB drift and all channels would cut out. Later, at night when the temperature went down, the channels would come back on. When this problem occurred, my receiver displayed the 'LNB Drift' error message on my diagnostic screen that showed the satellite signal strengths. (LNB drift is a shift in the oscillator frequency that causes the LNB not to be able to tune in to the channels properly). Dish receivers can compensate for a certain amount of LNB drift, but when it gets too high, the receiver's can't compensate and the channels cut out.

Did you do something to fix the LNB drift issue or just lived with it?

I had no signals and then after a Switch Check, I had only Sat 119 before I tried to re-seek the dish.

I supposed something like that might cause the"No LNB Voltage" message which is from the Winegard Controller.

ALL hopper models can use hybrid, including the hub. And yes, a 722 can run off a hybrid lnb as well. Actually when hybrid first came out, I had one dish setup for a duplex, one customer using a hopper sling off port one, and the other customer using a 211 off port two. As far as I know, never had any problems.

as I said in my previous post, the weather was at the UPLINK (Cheyenne) I lost signal for a while because of it and there wasn't a cloud around my area.

The question is can older Hoppers (1 & 2) and VIP receivers be connected to a Hybrid LNBF Head?

I have connected a ViP722K to a hybrid LNBF and it worked. It was the only thing connected to the LNBF though. I don't believe you can have both old and new tech connected at the same time.

Reactions: TheKrell
Did you do something to fix the LNB drift issue or just lived with it?
I had to replace my LNB to get rid of the LNB drift. At the time I had the drift problem, the 'LNB Drift' message was accompanied by a number showing the extent of the drift. When the drift was below about 10, the receiver compensated for it, above 10, and all my channels cut out. The new LNB did not show any drift at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts