I added a new satellite 125 West..some questions...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
I added a new satellite today...125 West..I have some questions. I am using the "World Direct Dish" with supplied LNB..pretty good antenna for the money. So now I get 97W and 125 W...pretty cool.

I had to add manually 125 West Ku to both my receivers, On my Visionsat (which is my "search" STB box" to aim the dish right at the dish ) and my living room receiver is a Fortec Star Lifetime NA.

The Visionsat had only 125W C band in its antenna setup menu and the Fortec didn't even have 125W in the antenna setup menu. I had to add the transponders manually.

Question #1

Did other members have to manually add 125 West Ku (and the transponders) to their STB?

I now get WSEE, Montana TVMT, Montana PBS. The other one is a PBS HD channel which I cannot view (looks like blinders..no pixilation). The other ones have a AC3 with is Dolby from what I gather. I can see them, but cannot listen to those channels.

Question # 2

Do I need a special receiver or special output cable to get the audio on the "AC3" channels?

And lastly, I saw that Lyngsat has LPB listed. I entered the transponders for those and it didn't pick them up when I scanned the transponder.

Question # 3
Is LPB still active?

Now I feel I accomplished something, I am a multi satellite ku band user... I feel like I finally joined the ranks...lol

Thanks again in advance for your responses

1. yes
Until that satellite was launched last year 125W was a C-Band only slot. So most receivers do not have that satellite slot logged in. Some just renamed the C-Band sat as AMC21 and changed the parameters (LNB freq, TP's, etc)

2. you need a audio receiver that can decode dolby digital. If you do not have that, do a search for "sonic voom" or "cyberhome". Its a device that can convert the AC-3 to allow you to hook up to your TV for the PBS stations

3. LPB is DVB-S2 so you need a receiver that can get that (your receiver can do DVB). Neither receiver you list can do DVB-S2. Coolsat 8000/8100 or azbox can do DVB-S2

I don't have a audio receiver that will decode dolby. I think I'll invest in a DVB2 or HD receiver in the future....

Thanks for the answers

All the HD receivers already DO decode Dolby, but if that purchase is well in the future, then the Sonic Voom for under $20 is a good investment.
Nothing wrong with having both; I got a couple of Voom's last time they were on sale! - :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)