I also told DISH to take a hike !

WOW ! I never really meant to upset anyone .Just posting the truth . I find hatefull remarks kind of childish , upset never , lifes too short. Was just saying DISH is not for me, no espnnews HD, disney HD ,family ch HD , disneytoons HD., amc HD . Plus as of this morning no more big ten in HD and tomarrow who knows. Decided to go back with CHARTER. Yes contract disputes happen with all companys ,but looking at charter"s history it happen"s far less than dish, In the long run i"ll be paying $2.00 more a month. Plus two sets of HD locals PADUCAH,KY. & ST.LOUIS MO. Just sitting here on a sunday thinking why people say the things they do. Any remarks I made earlier was all in fun. I know I said this is last post ,but after reading all the remarks just had to respond. Final reply ....

have to agree with you..........Dish seems to have more disputes than any other provider, & more channels disappear, yet no reduction in our bills. I too am very concerned about the loss of these channels + the AMC fiasco.

Seems like when someone posts these kinds of messages, all the responses are about making fun of spelling, or that Dish isn't forcing them to be a customer, instead of the real problem, which is programming problems.

Go write a nice letter to the attorney general and I bet you can get your cancellation fee refunded :)

Dish is so afraid of the attorney generals right now, they side with the customer every time

I can only imagine his letter to the AG:

HEY MR GENERAL.

I hv been a dish customer for 18 YEARS THEYRE NOW CHARGING ME A FEE JUST tl LEAVE because THEY DROP MY CHANNELS EXCUSE ME ITS fRIdAY Ben A LONG WEEK
So ANYWEY WHat IW AS SATING Was DISH CHARGED ME!!! THEy saiD I WAS IN CONTARACT JUS 'CAUSE I SIGNED IT dOESnt MEAN i shold HAV TO PAY IT!!! I Told THEM IM LEAVING HAHAHAHAHAHA THEY DROP CAHNNEL RAZE PRICES ALL THE TIME...
SO CAN YO Get me MY MONEY BACK!!!

TNKS

(That actually took me about 4 times as long as it would have just to type it properly...)

I just switched to Uverse, primarily for the wireless receivers. Bought an old house with plaster walls. i didn't want to run cables everywhere. Besides the sling adapter never working correctly, Dish has been pretty good for the last 10 years.

I just switched to Uverse, primarily for the wireless receivers. Bought an old house with plaster walls. i didn't want to run cables everywhere. Besides the sling adapter never working correctly, Dish has been pretty good for the last 10 years.
Did you know that DISH has wireless receivers? Yup! Insert most any USB wireless adapter in a DISH Joey Unit and you now have a wireless DISH receiver. :)

Works well too!

Really? I thought only one specific model of Netgear wireless USB adapter worked.

Did you know that DISH has wireless receivers? Yup! Insert most any USB wireless adapter in a DISH Joey Unit and you now have a wireless DISH receiver. :)

Works well too!

Really Scott? So if you plugged in the usb wireless adapter to the Joey, it would work with the hopper in the other room in hd without interference? Can you explain a little on this one. My parents would love it if they could do this with a hopper and joey in the bedroom ,without running coaxes. My dad simply won't allow more than one coax leading into the house at a time and does not want to run any more coax inside the house either.

Is this person five years old (sorry to insult any five year olds)? I can barely understand him/her due to the spelling and grammar! And the excuse is that it is Friday?! Oh, it is Friday, so I can be illiterate? It is hard to take the complaints of someone like this seriously.

LOL:)

Scott, I read that on previous posts, however you and others have said that it's not supported by Dish and may be changed on a future software update. So I got nervous. Also, using a Joey with wireless USB uses the WiFi channels, Uverse uses a WAP to keep it separate. I still have my receivers and am still on $5/month hold.

I'm not sure about any old USB adapter working with the Joeys but yes it is true that the Joeys can work via wireless without flaws (I've been doing it for 4 months now with the 2nd Joey.) As for the issues sharing Wi-Fi you could always get another AP. I have mine on the same AP as everything else since with wireless-N there is no issue with bandwidth. Granted just like any other wireless device of this type you need to have good signal strength (anything over a 25 SNR is fine.) I have two fairly large directional antennas that cover the entire house with ease.

Don't get me started on how much I dislike U-verse. Everything from their limited/slow DVR to the fact that watching TV slows down the Internet to the fact that their "HD" is sub-par...

Scott, I read that on previous posts, however you and others have said that it's not supported by Dish and may be changed on a future software update. So I got nervous. Also, using a Joey with wireless USB uses the WiFi channels, Uverse uses a WAP to keep it separate. I still have my receivers and am still on $5/month hold.
We did a beta test with DISH and the tests went well. :) The feature is not going to be removed. Dont be surprised if DISH offers better USB WIFI adapters in the future. :D

We did a beta test with DISH and the tests went well. :) The feature is not going to be removed. Dont be surprised if DISH offers better USB WIFI adapters in the future. :D

So what you are telling me is that I can put a flat screen out on the patio with out running wire, hook up the Joey, add a USB adapter, and wham bam thank you Scott, I now can watch sports while BBQ ing the ribs!

Sweet!!

Thanks Scott.

Moe

Yes! As long as your signal strength/bandwidth is sufficient. As far as I am aware though, only the Netgear WNDA3100v2 will work though. Can also use any wireless Ethernet bridge.

So what you are telling me is that I can put a flat screen out on the patio with out running wire, hook up the Joey, add a USB adapter, and wham bam thank you Scott, I now can watch sports while BBQ ing the ribs!

Sweet!!

Thanks Scott.

Moe

Yup as long as your wifi signal is good out there then you can use your Joey outside. :)

Hmmm. I'm beginning to see some value in watching TV outside via wireless Joey.

Ack! Some valuable information is to be found in this post after all! Any way to strip it out into a separate post? The use of the wireless adapters was something I have been curious about for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts