i am 20+ years out of date

buzzpatch

Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
i live in the sticks near a fairly large city, but tv reception is yuck.

last time i looked at satellites there was all kinds of stuff up there that was free if you could recieve it. is there still ?

what is the benifits now of having your own system rather that hooking up with the big national companies_( who i find very hard to get a straight answer or decient programing option from)?

You can have you own Big Dish and try getting the channels you want or you can go with a company such as DirecTV or Dish Network which operate as Cable companies from the sky and use a much smaller dish.

Depends on what you want to watch.

Not too much up there with a big dish that is free (in english) however with a smaller KU Dish you can pick up a lot of unique stiff for free however most of it is not mainstream programming and most is foriegn language.

:welcome: Buzz!

I find there are many English channels on C-band, and the fact that with a big dish you can get both c/ku you will have best of both worlds, also 4dtv is a great option for the subscrption channels.

If you are looking for subscription programming you will most likely want a 4dtv, the programming is cheaper and the picture quality is better than small dish and cable.