i am getting rid of dish on monday

oo7565

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
and go to qwest tv where i can get some channels difsh have not gotten yet ie nfl network and cstv and the tennis chanel to name a few

i did not mean you personally but people at dish have not left me with a good teste in my mouth and i loved dish for the last 2 years but they need to get rid of some custermur sevice people i think no sevice

oo7565,

I don't think these forums were designed and meant to be used for announcements so frivolous like this.

If you decide to go, then go. There's no need to make a PUBLIC and FORMAL announcement of your intentions, unless they can have an effect on all of us.

Good luck with Qwest TV.

oo7565,

I hope your new choice offers you lots of joy.

I also hope they offer some educational programming such as grammar 101 and typing 101.

Kryspy

oo7565 said:
you know what why i am leaving people like you

Dont take it out on me that your leaving dish.. No one cares these forums are not meant for bashing like that and every one could care less about witch service provider you choose. Yes Choose. Everyone has there quams about dish network... hell every provider sucks! Comcast is worst.. Im sure some one will find a reason to gripe about fiber... The reason why these forums are here is to help not to discurage. im sure if you do a search on sucks you will find a hell of alot of people saying that there provider sucks.. but its all a choice. I have found dish network to be the best value out there. Direct's prices are higher... NFL ST is crazy.. Comcast has no HD... and i havent found a provider yet that has to match dishes offerings with a lower or same price. Some times the grass isnt greener on the other side but if it is then god speed and good luck with your new service provider..

goaliebob99 said:
Dont take it out on me that your leaving dish.. No one cares these forums are not meant for bashing like that and every one could care less about witch service provider you choose. Yes Choose. Everyone has there quams about dish network... hell every provider sucks! Comcast is worst.. Im sure some one will find a reason to gripe about fiber... The reason why these forums are here is to help not to discurage. im sure if you do a search on sucks you will find a hell of alot of people saying that there provider sucks.. but its all a choice. I have found dish network to be the best value out there. Direct's prices are higher... NFL ST is crazy.. Comcast has no HD... and i havent found a provider yet that has to match dishes offerings with a lower or same price. Some times the grass isnt greener on the other side but if it is then god speed and good luck with your new service provider..

Well said! I often wonder why there are so many posts by former E* customers on this forum. You would think that since they left, they would be happy not to think about Dish anymore:p Instead they keep posting about how great it was to leave! Really, now, why bother?

I do like hearing people complain about the fact they don't get free service calls etc.... because here I can explain to them that it is not fair to those of us who know how to use the equipment.

People tend not to undertand they are paying for channels, not for their equipment to work!

True, I have had to tell two CSRs what the rules were for charging the transaction fee, but, I just asked for the supervisor, then they came back saying I was right.

My only complaint is that I have heard too many times about people getting free service calls, without commitment, from customer retention. That is not fair to the nice person who buys the warranty and pays for the service call.

But, that mess goes on everywhere!

I have a friend who calls Comcast every few months, when his promotion is running out, and tells them his is going to D*, so they will reset the account with another promotion, instead of making him pay full price.

goaliebob99 said:
Everyone has there quams about dish network... hell every provider sucks! Comcast is worst.. .. Comcast has no HD... and i havent found a provider yet that has to match dishes offerings with a lower or same price.

Well I don't know about you, but Comcast here ( metro Detroit ) is great, lots of HD-(all locals, Discovery, ESPN, TNT, InHD 1 and 2, HBO, Max, and also Showtime and Starz which I do not sub to and they are about to add Universal and ESPN 2).

bruce said:
Well I don't know about you, but Comcast here ( metro Detroit ) is great, lots of HD-(all locals, Discovery, ESPN, TNT, InHD 1 and 2, HBO, Max, and also Showtime and Starz which I do not sub to and they are about to add Universal and ESPN 2).
My parents are from the Metro Detroit area and Comcast Sucks in their area - they would have ditched service if they weren't getting ready to move. I guess a lot depends on an individuals viewing habits and even more depends on the local cable plant, etc.

miguelaqui said:
I have a friend who calls Comcast every few months, when his promotion is running out, and tells them his is going to D*, so they will reset the account with another promotion, instead of making him pay full price.

So??? What's wrong with saving money? Comcast certainly has it in their power to tell him to f-off.

andrewe77 said:
So??? What's wrong with saving money? Comcast certainly has it in their power to tell him to f-off.
I guess you don't see anything wrong with the nice people who pay full price getting treated unfairly while those who call and complain getting stuff for free. Yes, they do have it in thier power to disconnect his account, but do they? NO.

I see unfairness to nice people in that situation. Maybe I'm wrong.

miguelaqui said:
I guess you don't see anything wrong with the nice people who pay full price getting treated unfairly while those who call and complain getting stuff for free. Yes, they do have it in thier power to disconnect his account, but do they? NO.

I see unfairness to nice people in that situation. Maybe I'm wrong.

Life's not fair.

bruce said:

Here they got all locals with the execption of UPN (upn is in hd but comcast doesnt want to pick it up) (also i can get all my locals through dish with an antenna for free!!!) Discovery Espn Tnt Inhd 1 @ 2 all movie channels and thats it. Yea movie channels are great and all but why go with comcast when i can easly have over 30 including locals with dish..

Comcast = 15

Dish = 36

This total is including CBS, NBC, ABC, WGN, WTTW (PBS), FOX, UPN
which are all braudcasting in high def. I live in chicago.

Hey I work for Comcast as a CSR ( I do know my job by the way) But i sub to dish the only thing that i use on my Benefits is my Free internet which by the way sucks to.. I Get Free Everything but only have the inernet i choose Dish for the rest, if dish had internet i would be there to

Never could figure out why people have to post when they are leaving. If you are leaving for whatever reason, that is your right. I don’t think someone on here can change if you want to leave.

I had Dish for 5 years (still have locals) but I went to ExpressVu & now StarChoice. I don’t remember saying “I’m leaving Dish because they don’t have the CBC or NHL Network”. I quietly got ExpressVu and downgraded Dish to just locals (for the cabin) and now have StarChoice.

If you must have the Tennis channel and someone carries it, by all means go to it. Nobody is stopping you from changing. I wanted NHL Network so I got StarChoice

miguelaqui said:
You have a very smart friend. I didn't realize C* did this. If I am still with them at the end of my 16 month promo period, I will attempt the same thing.

Thanks for the excellent advice! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)