I am JAILBROKEN! (NOW WHAT?)

I take it you are convinced that jailbreaking is the cause and have sworn off it as a result.

No, I figure being in the middle of nowhere and losing Verizon service and roaming messed it up. I am still JB for now -- until a later beta of iOS6 is out anyway. Then I'll go back to stock.

No, I figure being in the middle of nowhere and losing Verizon service and roaming messed it up.
I quickly looked for a help site related to PDANet but only get results from a variety of different websites. Too bad there's not a centralized location to ask about this or more importantly, report it as a possible bug.

I quickly looked for a help site related to PDANet but only get results from a variety of different websites. Too bad there's not a centralized location to ask about this or more importantly, report it as a possible bug.

I assumed at first that there just was no service ( I was somewhere between Harpers Ferry and Cumberland MD and it was pretty rugged terrain; and on the train out, I had no service times. I am not sure if it was PDANet or not, but I got it fixed eventually. I might email June Fabrics directly and tell them what happened. I suspect it was because when I was tethered it went into Extended and the little circle instead of 3G.

While it was frustrating, I don't blame being JB. If anything I was stupid trying to tether in that part of the world. :)

That said I have turned off a few features that were driving me nuts. The Zephyr app which lets you use iPad-like gestures from left to right on the iPhone was causing me to jump out of Bejeweled. So I turned it off. And I eliminated most of IntelliScreen X's features to save battery.

While it was frustrating, I don't blame being JB. If anything I was stupid trying to tether in that part of the world.
I understand, but my thinking is, for someone using PDANet, how do they know if they'll go into a non-service area and have to do the same reset procedure you did ? If PDANet caused it by trying to work in a roaming area, maybe PDANet could handle it more graciously.

I understand, but my thinking is, for someone using PDANet, how do they know if they'll go into a non-service area and have to do the same reset procedure you did ? If PDANet caused it by trying to work in a roaming area, maybe PDANet could handle it more graciously.

I agree. I'll send them a note later today.

You know, you could "test" it again.... Turn on tethering and then turn off the cellular radio and see what happens :D

I was initially thinking "how could the PDANet people test this?" and that occurred to me !

You know, you could "test" it again.... Turn on tethering and then turn off the cellular radio and see what happens :D

I was initially thinking "how could the PDANet people test this?" and that occurred to me !

I could do that, but the hassle of re-entering all of my passwords and settings isn't worth it. :)

With my new Verizon contract the primary reason for my iPhone to be jail broke is gone, so I am restoring it to ios 6. Maybe I'll do it again some day, but nothing that compelling to be out of warranty now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're just as far out of warranty on iOS6 beta, as you would be on 5.1.1 jailbroken. That is, not at all.

Jailbreaking does void the Applecare waranty. having said that I am not sure that they would notice or even care.

Then again though there is the issue of whether undoing the jailbreak restores the warranty. I have no idea if that is the case.

Last edited:
Pepper said:
And I have devices that are jailbroken and still in warranty. Your point?

No you don't . Bring in that jb iOS device to apple for service. At best they will tell you to restore to stock before helping you.

I am not sure what your point was in the beginning. Mine was just that I no longer had the primary need for jb so I went to iOS 6.

No you don't . Bring in that jb iOS device to apple for service. At best they will tell you to restore to stock before helping you.

I am not sure what your point was in the beginning. Mine was just that I no longer had the primary need for jb so I went to iOS 6.
You should not be texting and driving......

Siri can take dictation and send iMessages. No texting needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)