I am now a Dish Sub!

DemisE

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Cordova, TN
Hey everyone. I am a new Dish SUB as of today. I called Dish last night and talked to a CSR about what they had to offer and they set me up with a 811HD and 522DVR that will be hooked up to 1 TV which should circuimvent me having to spend $1000 on a HD/DVR combo. I know that I will not be able to record HD but that dosen't bother me at all. I have never had a DVR so I am excited to see what all it has to offer. I am coming from VOOM with a very bad taste in my mouth for that company. They are still very new and have ALOT of issues they need to resolve before they will be a true threat to E* and D*.

Sadly I will not be home for the install and my fiance will be there so I am hoping that the tech knows what he is doing and dosen't bitch anything up. If any of you have any input about hooking these 2 recievers up together I would appreciate some info just in case the tech dosen't know what he is doing.

You are going to need a lot of coax... 2 lines to the 811 (satellite and OTA for OTAHD) 3 lines to the 522 (2 satellite and 1 coax out to share with a second TV).

I would consider putting them both on their own input to the TV. Also then hook up the 522 to the aux input of the 811, that way if you are lazy you can just keep the tv tuned to the 811 and watch the 522 through it. But, you will probably get the best picture from the 522 when you watch it directly.

Well I am only hooking this up to one TV. I am not sure why they sent me a DVR that will feed 2 different TV's. But the installers are at my house now setting it all up so hopefully they will do it correctly. :crossesfingers:

DemisE said:
Well I am only hooking this up to one TV. I am not sure why they sent me a DVR that will feed 2 different TV's. But the installers are at my house now setting it all up so hopefully they will do it correctly. :crossesfingers:
GOOD LUCK YOU WILL NEED ALOT OF IT!!! :) :) :)

If you want to avoid all that coax and don't mind spending the extra money get the DISHpro-44 switch. You can combine muiltiple tuners onto one cable and use a DISHpro seperator to make it back into seperate cables once it's inside your house.

I hope you have better luck with the 811 than I did when I had DISH. The 811 was buggy as ever when it first came out late last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts