Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I wasn't planning on getting one...

Then a family member needed a cell phone so my wife came up with the idea for me to get the EVO, she gets my iPhone 4, her iPhone 3GS goes to my stepmother and the stepmothers phone is going to my other relative.. It was a big phone swap.
smile.gif

I have had it for about 4 hours now and still learning it...

The Facebook app for Android sucks compaired to the iPhone version..
The Slingplayer app for Android is better then the iPhone version..

I can't figure out the multitasking, like whats running nor can I figure out how to keep apps like radio apps playing as I go to another app such as the web browser...

Still need to figure how to root it, so I can use internet sharing.
biggrin.gif

Hold down the HOME button and you'll see the six last apps that are running. But Android's memory management allows other programs to work at the same time as well.

It does take a little time, but you are smart, it becomes intuitive pretty quickly.

The Facebook app for Android sucks compaired to the iPhone version..
It will catch up. Mark Zuckerberg (sp?) uses an Android phone now. He used to use an iPhone.
I can't figure out the multitasking, like whats running nor can I figure out how to keep apps like radio apps playing as I go to another app such as the web browser...
Multi-tasking is native on Android. Very few apps can you actually "exit" or "close" down via the app. Just hit the "home" button to get back to the main screen and pick the next app you want to run. If it's already running, it will simply switch to it. If it's not, it will launch. Holding down the "home" button will show you the last 'x' apps you've ran (doesn't mean they're still running though).

Hold down the HOME button and you'll see the six last apps that are running. But Android's memory management allows other programs to work at the same time as well.

It does take a little time, but you are smart, it becomes intuitive pretty quickly.
the evo shows eight

The EVO is a droid.

Actually the EVO is not a Droid. Droid is a brand name for many Android phones on Verizon. The EVO is an Android phone not a Droid.

Droid is turning into a brand like Kleenex. Kleenex is a brand of tissue but most people out there call all tissues Kleenex.

Actually the EVO is not a Droid. Droid is a brand name for many Android phones on Verizon. The EVO is an Android phone not a Droid.

Droid is turning into a brand like Kleenex. Kleenex is a brand of tissue but most people out there call all tissues Kleenex.

Yeah, this is true. I tell people I have a Droid (actually have a milestone, but it thinks it is a DROID) and they always ask, which one do you have. Even within the Verizon network it is the "Droid", then the Droid "blanks".

Verizon got alot of bang for the buck on that advertisement.

I didn't see this one coming...
Me either, but I really like my Evo.

I have never had problems with Sprint, Scott, and I've been with them for over 13 years, but this kind of stuff seems to happen with every service department sometimes. I'm sorry you got stung.

Somebody might get a nice deal on an Evo that's barely been used. :D

Ok, your right, it's an Android.

I always thought that Verizon's were Androids too and people were just shortening the name like they do everything else.

So Verizon's are not Androids.

Droid = Android

Yes, officially "Droid" is a licensed name that Verizon no doubt paid BIG BUCKS for to George Lucas, but as noted above, it's turning into Kleenex=tissue, Xerox=copier, and so on.

Verizon doesn't have any non-Android phones that they call "Droids".

Hall said:
Droid = Android

Yes, officially "Droid" is a licensed name that Verizon no doubt paid BIG BUCKS for to George Lucas, but as noted above, it's turning into Kleenex=tissue, Xerox=copier, and so on.

Verizon doesn't have any non-Android phones that they call "Droids".

But they do have android phones that they don't call Droid.

OK got my phone number issue taken care of... when you threaten to return the phone and get a new in the store its funny how fast they can program a number for it. :)

Tonight I rooted my EVO, that was very simple to do using unrevoked 3. :)

Tried getting wireless teathering to work without success. I can see the new wireless network on my laptop and I can connect to it, but for some reason it never gets an IP address. I did get PDAnet to work which is ok, but sometimes I would like my wifes laptop to be online as well which is why I want the wireless tethering to work.

I do like the phone, as I said there was a learning curve but for the most part I have it down now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts