Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
I am trying to point at 107.3 KU is there something that is in the clear or a slate of some sorts for me to use my SM-2500 to lock onto?

That is a Digicipher2 tp. The channels aren't ITC without a receiver capable of Digicipher2 decryption, such as an old Star Choice or Shaw Direct receiver. When I point my dish at 107.3W using an FTA receiver, there is no permanent signal you can count on. You need to luck out and find a feed (most are 4.2.2) or use USALS to point the dish.

There is something ITC on 12050 V 19510

That transponder is DCII so a regular DVB receiver won't be able to lock it. However, there are a few occasional use transponders which can be locked with DVB receivers.

11902 V 5859
11912 V 5859
11919 V 5859
11941 V 5859
11949 V 5859

Perhaps use an old SC box like a 301. I can peak on 107.3 without much effort here in KY on a 90cm. However getting the new G1 on a 90cm is not working out that well.

Perhaps use an old SC box like a 301.
I can peak on 107.3 without much effort here in KY on a 90cm.
However getting the new G1 on a 90cm is not working out that well.
The new Star Choice bird?
?Didn't they pretty much confine that beam to Canada with little spillover into northern US?

g1-1.jpg

That's pretty tight aiming for the Shaw part of that sat... It drops to nothing just at the top of the border into Kentucky.

http://www.kusat.com/Telesat/Footprints-Maps/Anik-G1/G1/

The new Star Choice bird?
?Didn't they pretty much confine that beam to Canada with little spillover into northern US?
Snowbirds are crying in their pina coladas cuz they can't get the new HD stuff from Shaw Direct in Florida. I think the OP was trying to find a permanent signal for dish orientation. My suggestion is for him to start a thread just when he's ready to start swinging the dish and work with a buddy in real time to tell him where there is a live feed now...and now...and now. Those feeds come and go quickly but are frequent.

Good idea.
But if ikki is trying to get Star Choice HD, then he has a suitable receiver, and a full-time signal to work with.
Is that it? ;)
edit: but if necessary, set the dish on an offset pole, so it tracks the arc.
That would make any given bird easier to locate.
Just rotate the dish along the normal azimuth movement to go from one satellite to the next! :up

> I think the OP was trying to find a permanent signal for dish orientation.

Correct, and yes I have a Starchoice receiver. I was just looking for an easy way to move the dish from 110 to 107 and re-purpose it.

I have regularly used an aimed Starchoice elliptical dish to confirm an FTA box is working before I connect it to another dish. I remember when testing a Viewsat I could get some data feeds but never saw anything visible on F1R.

?Shaw Broadcast 107.3 info straight from the source, mostly useful to confirm some of the transponder, channel and SR data in Lyngsat.

http://www.shawbroadcast.ca/Documents/ChannelCharts/2013_06_17_F1R_Channel_Chart.xls

On 107.3 with an old Starchoice receiver you should get,

12050 V - Knowledge ch354, BC Legislature ch393
11837 V - The Shopping Channel ch392
11959 V - CKUA radio (audio only) ch828

Are you repointing one of the dishes mentioned in your sig, an elliptical with Quad LNB, or ...?

Fortec star, with an[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Invacom Quad Polar LNB (CP LP). Btw, is Shaw linear or circular?

I lucked out. My old 6 foot C Band dish with KU LNBF was still pointed at the Shaw 107 Satellite, so the receiver came right up with a strength of 95.

?

Last edited:
Anyone in Massachusetts, Connecticut or Rhode Island area able to get the transponders listed below? Lately, I have not been able to get them. :confused:

11902 H 5859
11912 H 5859
11919 H 5859
11941 H 5859
11949 H 5859

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)