I can't get sat 129

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
Hello.

I bought a 622 receiver and 1000 dish.
I managed to get sat 110, and 119, but not 129.
The dish network will not activate the dish unless it sees all 3 sats? I want to get this thing working myself. I used the same settings I had on my dish 500 system.
They want to send out a tech but no thanks, I pay them enough :)

Is there a trick to catch the 129. I do not even know the transponder.

The switch show that everything is ok, but now it only shows one input as working.

My zip is 28451...leland, nc

thanks....Joe

voodooevil,

When you are in the sat strength page (menu, 6,1,1) are you getting signal locked on all 3 sats when you toggle through the sats? What are you signal strengths? Something to try is disconnect coax from the receiver and run a check switch and then at the dish connect the coax to and place your single wide LNB into the middle slot of the "W" bracket and aim the dish for maximum signal strength of the 119 orbital. Then remove the LNB and connect the single wide LNB into the "In" port of the DP+ Twin and the "1" out to the coax into the receiver. Then perform a check switch again. I thought SC has pretty good signal for the 129 satellite and a Dish1000 works fine in the area. If the above works but your 129 signal is low (<70% on TP31 I believe), you may need to tweak the aim while 129 is selected. If you have a Dish1000.2, the LNB is 1 piece and in that case cover the outer feedhorns with aluminum foil to peak on 119 and then remove the foil.

Also, verify you are using RG-6 coax and that you have the DP Separator installed.

Miner

thanks
using the dish 1000.2
sat 110 i have over 105 signal with signal lock
sat 119 over 105 signal as well. '' '' ''
I do not see any signal for 129 wan i flip thru the all the SATs

part of my house is not wired with the proper cable, but I had the 921 receiver with 2 signals across one cable and used a splitter as well and all worked great.

Is it possible to catch the 110 and 119 sat with improper skew and elevation settings?

Actually I am using settings from the 500 dish, but tweaked them a little.

Well just guessing from your posts, I'm guessing a LOS issue with 129.

thank you for all the help. It was a LOS issue. I just moved the mast 3 feet out from my house. I found sat 129, but a signal of only 70...... BUT it works!!!!

Thanks...Joe

70 is in the lower range of acceptable signal strength. You should be able to do better with a 1000.2. It usually gets you mid 80's.

thank you for all the help. It was a LOS issue. I just moved the mast 3 feet out from my house. I found sat 129, but a signal of only 70...... BUT it works!!!!

Thanks...Joe

70 is excellent and about as good as it gets with a 3 sat dish. 55-60 is the norm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)